1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[moestavern] Raiders Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by robbie380, Dec 4, 2011.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I just hope this is really about giving moes a little crap about a stupid bet and the fact that the Texans are doing better than his Raiders than it is about legitimizing Tebow as an NFL QB.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i might be willing to leave if you reveal to all who you were before this moniker. or you could just stop your obsession with me and follow these four easy steps:

1. click on user cp
    2. click on edit ignore list
    3. type in groogrux
    4. click okay

you're welcome.

and i know you're not giddy...he runs circles around you as a poster.

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

moes, I've always appreciated you as a poster, but "I was bored, so I decided to be a giant horse's ass" doesn't really cut it.

Even when trying to talk sense to folks about Vince Young or Tebow (or T-Mac), there's no sense in intentionally trying to antagonize. All you do is look like a massive dick, even if you do think you're just having your own private joke. It's weak. Plenty of folks are pessimistic about Yates, plenty expected a loss to the Falcons. No one's pissed off at them. No one's pissed off that you think Yates will be subpar or that we aren't going far in the postseason. You pissed off folks because you were a douchebag.

I don't want you to quit the BBS, but joke trolling is trolling, and it's asinine. Hope you work out the off-boards stuff.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well emjohn let me point one critical thing out for you, because you're probably one of 4 people in the Texans forum with an IQ over 80. I just find it funny how nobody cared if I was a douchebag until now... in fact, my entire rep is pretty much based on me being a snarky asshat to people.

I don't see where you saw me calling out the intelligent, rational Texans fans. I was attacked repeatedly for insinuating that Matt Leinart isn't a good NFL QB. So what did I do? I went on the offensive. Thats moestavern19, you mess with the bull you get the horns.

TJ Yates is an unknown, but yet again some idiot was calling him the next Brady, so I call him out on it and get attacked again as if I held down somebody's mother and tinkled on her.

But yeah, its only me who is the hypocrite. Strength in numbers around here, whatever the popular viewpoint is becomes the correct one, that is not life... that is being a sheep.

I'm only trying to raise awareness through tough love.

As for the Tebow thing, this isn't the first time I've staked something on me being right.

I don't think Tebow sucks, I know he sucks. But Denver will probably win the division because the Raiders aren't good enough to beat Green Bay and Detroit.

Again, this has been eye-opening. All of you get way too emotional over a football game.

#64 moestavern19, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because he's the poster the BBS deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it...

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, leave that shtick to Ronny. He's actually good at it.

moe, you're too talented of a writer to be trying this hard, man. Just let if come naturally like you used to. Be a little more selective when choosing your spots.

#66 ima_drummer2k, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

True SILVERBACK fashion my man !

DD

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

When keeping it real goes wrong.....

JK Moes, you seem like a cool dude, and I think you kinda make the board what it is. If you've got your own **** to take care of personally, then handle your business, and come back strong my man.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Moe,

I have no issue of you calling people on their weak points.

I do have an issue in the manner you go about it. If you are more intelligent then many posters; that's fine. But do you go into a primate house flinging poo at them? No. Make your points, intelligently, and keep off the whole, I'm going to bad mouth you because you are all dumb schtick. Flinging vulgarities and insults is above you. I really like you as a poster and when I saw you make a weak argument for the Raiders I had to call you on it.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You can only take the high road for so long, that the poo that is flung at you starts to stick and you start to stink just like the rest of the rabble.

DD

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

agreed.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

is time to start patting moes on the back and telling him everything will be ok? this internet game is tough and the big guy takes it very seriously. we need to all realize that moes is clutchfans, and without him we'd all be SOL. he'll tell you, ask him.

if we don't wise up soon the whole bbs might come crumbling down around us and our messiah will walk out on us forever.

this is a time for prayer.

2 people like this.
  13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I know your sarcasm is dripping here, but this place would not be the same without Moes.....

It has lost enough quality old school members already.

DD

14. bobmarley

How long is too long? If I begin to stoop to flinging poo at others than maybe it is time for me to leave the primate house all together and take a bath. Because bottom line someone of Moe's intelligence doesn't belong in a primate house.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My wife is likely having a C section on Tuesday.

This is my first kid.

I know its not an excuse, but **** have my nerves been going haywire for the past couple months.

I just want the damn thing here already.

I quit drinking, smoking, everything. I have one vice left, and thats the cheeba.

As I said, this was an experiment that went horribly wrong. I get heated and say stupid things all the time, lately I've been so filled with anxiety that clutchfans has been my place to come and vent.

Sorry guys, its been a long couple of months.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

lemme know if you need any new dad advice. you'll understand this next tuesday, but there is nothing as great as fatherhood.

17. bobmarley

You are a good guy Moe and I hope all things go well for your wife, the new baby and you. Take care of them, they will take care of you. Free Moe!

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

i'm sure we all can relate...

totally understandable, we're pulling for you. good luck, man.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

I'll be serious for once. I'm not popular around here, I'm a troll most of the time I post (baiting Googrux because its too easy), but Moes is actually right. The GARM is unbearable because you can't have a rational discussion about basketball due to the homers and the US against the world mentality. It's like that on almost any message board tho, where the home team attacks the rational fan in numbers and it's like a pack of hyenas on a wounded gazelle. Nothing special with Houston here, every city does it.

The Texans forum has gotten worse, possibly worse than the garm. Mention that a team has a top rated defense and you get attacked with THE TEXANS HAVE THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE YOU IDIOT. Mention that Calvin freakin Johnson is better than Andre (which he is) and you'll be crucified and ran out of town. (Watch what happens to me here for mentioning it).

Moes knows more about football than any of us. He watches all the games, he knows all the players, he knows the ins and outs of all the teams. He's rational when debating & he told all of us Aaron Rodgers was the greatest QB last year (even better than Manning & Brady) and he was right. It's clear that he's passionate about it while the rest of us just watch our favorite team each Sunday and maybe catch a game on Sunday or Monday night. The majority of you keep up with your fantasy players but you couldn't name which college 50% of them went to if you had a gun to your head. Moes knows this info. Moes, with all that being said......

What does all of this football knowledge give you in life? Nothing. What does arguing about it with 16 yr old kids on the bbs do for you other than cause un-needed anxiety and stress? Bro, listen to me. I'm a business man. If you spent as much time on business and personal development as you did on football, the internet, and sports in general you would be a millionaire in no time. You have a kid on the way, you are a man now and it's time to grow up and stop playing with these internet kids on message boards. There was a study done recently that concluded that anxiety was up 1000% across the board due to social media and fake internet relationships. We aren't wired to operate this way. Clean yourself up, shave, put on some nice clothes, and GO MAKE SOME MONEY. Be an example for your child. Do you think your new son/daughter will give a **** if she knew her father was an internet legend? Moes you are clearly a smart guy, you can see it in your writing.

Sports knowledge means nothing in the business world/real world. You want to work for ESPN or be one of those stat geeks like Brandon Funston on yahoo fantasy sports? Do you think you earn respect that way? LOL, it's laughable if you think about it. SPORTS KNOWLEDGE MEANS NOTHING. Do you want to be like Googrux sitting around buffalo wild wings on your 6th pint of beer complaining about how much you hate the aggies while everyone else it out hustlin and making money? Hell no. That doesn't get you anywhere in life. Put an end to it Moes, and go live up to your potential and set an example for your child(ren).

Time to Grow up, Homie. The party as you knew it. Is over.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

again sactown, i ask who you were in a past moniker. clutch might be wondering as well. time to fess up, cause you know way too much stuff for only being here since april of this year.