1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moe's Impressions of the 1st`RMR Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Moe, Jul 21, 2001.

1. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Moe's Impressions of the 1st RMR Game

Since DarkHorse got to write all the sexy stuff about our interviews and player ratings, I thought I would just give you some random thoughts on the game.

First of all, I want to clarify something DH wrote in the interviews. He is on the road right now and I just now re-read it and don't want it mis-interpreted. In the interview with Axel Dench, DH talked about Colliers knee and going back home. Then he wrote the Rockets are not happy with his progress at all. I definately think Axel was referring to the progress of Collier's knee injury. I think someone could possibly take that the wrong way. Please don't.

Anyway, on to other things. It was really a lot of fun seeing all the rookies up close. Tyson Chandler was walking around in street clothes. Don't know why he did'nt suit up. Must have a ding.

I talked a little bit to Sean Colson after the game. We had been talking to Dench & Langhi a few rows from where he was sitting & needed to get going to post, so I just briefly told him we would like to talk to him some more later (tomorrow). He was'nt really happy with the game. I said the Rocks never seemed to get into any kind of flow offensively and he said yea, he couldn't get into any kind of rythym.

Everyone we talked to was very nice and accomodating. I told DH I almost felt official, the way everyone was responding to us.

During the shoot-around and before DH got there, I noticed a kid in front of me with a Rockets hat on, and at one point a Rockets official was sitting beside him talking to him. I tapped him on the shoulder and asked if he was traveling with the Rockets. He said yes, he was. I asked him what he did for the Rockets. He said he was Eddie Griffin's cousin and was staying with Eddie. He said he would be moving to Houston with Eddie. I asked him what Eddie thought about Houston, and of course he said he liked the team. I asked if Eddie has talked to Steve or Cuttino. He said yes, and Cuttino was excited Eddie was coming to Houston. (Philly connection). He said Sean Coulson was from Philly, also. A lot of you probably knew that, but I hadn't thought about it. He was very nice. Looked to be about Eddie's age.

While we were talking to Axel, Chicago was playing Phoenix, and we all three looked up at the game just in time to see Eddy Curry throw down a viscious dunk. Axel seemed as impressed with it as DarkHorse and I.

Donnel Harvey was a horse out there. Boy, that guy was intense. At the end of the game, he was creating on the perimeter. Oh yeah, Satterfield looked pretty good out there also.

Too bad there is not a spot for Darren Kelly.
    He really showed some athleticism in warm-ups. He had a reverse jam that he made look easy and had an alley-oop from Colson during the game that was real nice.

I spent most of the day driving from Boise, Id to Salt Lake City, so I missed all the negotiation rumors today.

Talked to Larry Smith a little before the game started. He was very nice, not mean at all. I asked if we could do an interview after the game or later. He said that would be cool.

John Lucas and David Wesley were at the game. Don't know why Wesly was there. Rudy came in a little late. Had no chance to approach him.

Getting very hungry. Got to go.

------------------

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Thanks for the info [​IMG]

------------------

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He said he was Eddie Griffin's cousin and was staying with Eddie.

I assume this wasn't Tim Thomas? [​IMG] He's Eddie Griffin's cousin too you know...

Thanks for the recap. Are you going to be going to all the games?

------------------
    Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

The Mo Taylor Fan Site

4. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Cat, it definately wasn't Tim. I am going to tomorrow's game and Monday's game, then I have to go back to work. [​IMG]

------------------

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Hey... just got home... Yeah, I knew I missed some important details, but eh, it's hard to be both fast and thorough...

The dunk by Curry was nuts... and Axel was great. I had just asked him if he felt he was going to earn a spot on the Rockets roster this season when we all just kind of subconsciously looked up, just in time to see Curry hammer one down. Axel just kind of hung there with his mouth open for a second, then just shook his head and muttered "damn" before he turned back to us...

Good evening...

[​IMG]

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -

6. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Hey, that didn't take so long. See you tomorrow.

------------------

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Man, Moe knows basketball! [​IMG] Thanks for the update guys!

------------------
    "Instruments are like women: After a while, you want to make love to another."

- Nicolas Godin of the musical duo Air

8. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I... uhhh.. broke the speed limit...

[​IMG]

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Great recaps Moe and Darkhorse!

Man, seems like we've got people representing CC.net all over. Thanks again!

------------------
    Who needs teachers? I can learn my own self.

10. Colby

Colby Member

You guys are awsome. [​IMG]

------------------
    T-Pooh and BahDakota went up the hill,
    to make a bet on a Foreward.
    When it all came down,
    they were nowhere to be found.
    Now they should be drawn and quartered.

11. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Thanks guys for the recap and news. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

DH - be very careful you don't get pulled over by "Officer" Polynice!

Thx Moe & DH for the insights.

------------------
    Raef to Rocks in '01-'02!

13. Heath

Heath Member

But you are. Clutch send them an official Clutch City representative T-Shirt/Cap or something. [​IMG]

Nice work fellas. [​IMG]

------------------
    The CC.net NBA Sim Board/Homepage

14. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

Thanks Moe for the info. You guys are great! [​IMG]

------------------