1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

modern warfare 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, May 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

An illegal "leaked" version is out for the 360 if you want to download it. You'll need a modified xbox to play it and I'm not sure if you can play it online.

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Basically yea, that's how their saver shipping works. They'll hold on to the item for 3-4 days prior to shipping. After shipping, they'll use the slowest/cheapest method, which might be DHL and that'll take another week. Anytime I purchase anything from Amazon, I'll pay extra for the 2/3 day shipping.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

it's leaked on the interwebs of course. I saw a couple posts on craigslist where people are breaking the street date on the game, probably hot copies or something. it's out there though. I seriously do not want to have to wait another 5 days.

1 person likes this.
  4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

if it says it there it probably is. 9v9 is plenty. games that have more than that are always laggy spam fests.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yes.

If you are looking for it on PC. Forget about it.

NO server lists. No DEDICATED servers. Basically plays the same way as Left 4 Dead. Auto connects you to a game.

Only 9v9.

They ruined COD on the PC. Console ports in general....SUCK.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ah, I gotcha, didn't know that, don't have an 360 just a PS3.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I saw a broken street date copy for ps3 too. it's not such a big deal for ps3...but if you break street date on xbox live they'll ban you with the quickness.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

fun fact: gamestop is saying their pre-orders alone are more than world at war sold in it's first month.

10. Asian Sensation

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Nobody wants to fire muskets cept maybe FFB. That guy relishes in the past. :p

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Is this game going to retail for the usual $59.99 or more?

12. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Seems like you can play in third person mode...
    <object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/20DBATBUQD8&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/20DBATBUQD8&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

13. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Well that's very much not true... I've been playing Resistance 2 (60 players multiplayer games) with my friends from EU, China, NA and it's totally lag free; also I've tried MAG beta, and there was no lag with even 128 players in a match.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I gotcha, have an 85 dollar credit with Game Stop so now rush for me, just wasn't sure if it was out.

15. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Went ahead and got it for the PSBeast on Amazon. I'll use the $20 credit towards the GOW Collection. The release date delivery was only like a dollar more. Awesome!

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Can anybody hook me up with a free x box live gold card? I dont care if its 2 days or 1 month, please!

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You seriously think they're showing 60 people on the screen and you're getting an immediate response to your actions? There's probably quite a bit of client side prediction going on there.

You also had nothing to say about it being a spam fest. I'm sure running around a corner into 12 guys all spraying at each other is entertaining for you. Those of us who prefer a little skill to go along with our games will stick to smaller vs modes.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

9 v 9 is too much imo. I liked 6 v 6

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

tell that to mag-boy over here. 128, woo! I can't wait for that entertainment.

20. Poloshirtbandit

I guess they didn't have the option for this game or it's too late, but when I bought MLB The Show there was an option for free release day shipping. I got the game on the day the game was released to stores with no shipping charge.