1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

modern warfare 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, May 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMYRQTVm4qY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMYRQTVm4qY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

WaW had a paved road to atleast a little success all because of 4....but 5 wasent all that bad.....but your right.....no comparison to 4

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

lol nice....needed its own thread

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

"Seriously when we play multiplayer, you should just switch your gun for a shovel and dig a hole"

L-M-A-O!

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Speaking of bad ass game, has anyone tried to download the Left 4 Dead 2 demo today on their 360? It just came out today and I have been downloading it for 4 hours, yet it is only 53% done.

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

:(

Would have been nice if maybe they just went out and bought some of the dozens of fantastic games that were released between MW1 and MW2.

Pretty much. Guess I wouldn't rule it out in case of unexpected demand and/or some idiotic move on the part of Activision (which...probably could happen). But they likely want to ship as many copies as possible. Actually, they'd always want to do that, but in this case, retailers are actually OK buying all these copies.

This isn't going to be like some Atlus game, where retailers don't want to buy more than 3-4 copies per store (and preferably those 3-4 were due to pre-orders), and that's assuming the store is even willing to carry the game.

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

There's a good amount of people who only play COD, much like Gears on Xbox. I have friends who are addicts.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm addicted. Borrowed the game and haven't bother to play anything else for a couple months. Nice, cheap entertainment.

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I don't doubt that. Just sad that people would rather play a Treyarch game over something that's actually good.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i play cod4 1.6 pc everyday.

11. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

TRU is selling MW2 with a $20 gift card. Best deal I've seen so far, but you need a rewards card for the gc.

12. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Is it true that this game only support up to 9vs9 (18 Players)??

13. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Amazon is doing the same thing. You get $20 credit in your account. I am going that route. I have become quite the Amazon shopper lately.

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

So if I buy a regular copy of MW2 I get a free $20?

15. tested911

tested911 Member

Straight from Amazon..

"Get a $20 Video Games Credit
    Order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and get $20 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limit one per household. "

16. chow_yun_fat

I need two copies and I want them now. The $4 in tax is well worth over waiting 1-2 weeks for the free saver shipping from Amazon.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

So is the game already out?

18. chow_yun_fat

On gamestops website, it says it ships on 11/10.

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

So if I order from Amazon I won't get my copies for 1-2 weeks? Sorry, I haven't visited the site to check it out.

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That's what I thought but some people were talking like they already had it. Then again I just sort of glanced over the last page of the thread.