1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

modern warfare 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, May 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

hell no, that is what I loved so much about the first one, I absolutely HATE vehicles

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I like vehicles. But if the maps are small and they put tanks in it like in World at War....it equals a lame game.

You've gotta have maps like BF2 if you want vehicles.

I'm about to try that new free game Battle Field Heroes online play in a sec.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Vehicles are for scrubs who can't aim. I'm not joking, either.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I like vehicles simply because it adds another element to the game and draws more people to play the game as well. I love trying to destroy tanks in WaW, that's one of the most fun parts of the game itself.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

6. mic

mic Contributing Member

I really hate the vehicles. I'm so glad they patched them out of the hardcore modes.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That is good to hear. I don't play WAW but in COD4 I only play hardcore. Hopefully they will not have them in hardcore in this one.

I just think they are for people that suck. WAWs maps were far too big for my liking and vehicles would be terrible in the smaller COD4 maps

8. WillG

WillG Member

Cod3 was my fav COD of all time and the most underrated and fun MP game.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The campaign in 3 was just terrible imo and the online was no even playable, easily the worst of them all imo

10. WillG

WillG Member

I dont understand why people say this. I thought 2 and 3s campaign were about the same. Whats so unplayable about 3s MP?

11. Poloshirtbandit

I like World at War, it's just that there are other games I'm more interested in right now.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If KingCheetah had never played any of these games would KingCheetah enjoy playing COD4 ?

KingCheetah

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

3 was no different from 2, thats why I hated it. A complete waste of money. As for the online, the maps were too big, there were vehicles, I just did not like the feel of it at all. It was just a terribly lame game imo, they made no improvements from 2, if anything, they only got worse.

14. Lil Pun

I would say yes. I had never played a first person shooter game before COD4 and now that series is all I want to play. Forget Madden, NCAA, etc. all I play is COD. My friend is the same way now. He said he would never play any of the games in the COD series because he could not get used to the first person shooter style and he wanted it to be like the GTA series. He finally caved in and bought a 360 and tried WaW but fell off pretty quickly. More of his friends were playing MW so he bought it. He has now sold every one of his games but that one. :D

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/03/modern-warfare-2-is-gamestops-most-pre-ordered-game-ever/
    Modern Warfare 2 is GameStop's most pre-ordered game ever

by Justin McElroy { Nov 3rd 2009 at 11:20AM } Xbox PlayStation PC
    Some may have been up in arms about arguably disturbing material and unarguably juvenile advertising in and for Modern Warfare 2, but it doesn't seem to be showing any signs of stifling anticipation for the game. In fact, GameStop told Game Hunters that Infinity Ward's baby is the most pre-ordered title in the company's history. Like ... ever. GameStop VP Tony Bartel told the site, "As of today, the number of pre-order reservations we've taken for the game is the highest for any title we've ever sold in our 6,200 store network."

So feel free to grouse all you want, but unless Activision replaces the FPS gameplay with first-person putting puppies into a wood chipper and renames it Osama bin Laden Pushes Jesus Christ Down a Flight of Stairs Made of Baby Skulls, we're not sure there's any amount of controversy that's going to slow Modern Warfare 2 down.

16. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

all i play is COD4.....and will continue to play when MW2 comes out.........

but when it does come out......will be the first to go get....

kimbo_killa ....psn add me

17. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

they say it will shatter GTA4's first day sales

18. Lil Pun

I'll be at Walmart around 12:00 on Monday night. I took the 10th off. ;)

19. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Pre ordered mine a while back

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I never understood why people pre-order games. I will have this game on Day 1 without Pre-Order.

Best Buy
    Wal-Mart
    Gamestop
    Target
    Frys
    GameCrazy
    and the countless other video game stores in Houston.