1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by skenney1993, Mar 21, 2013.

1. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

Updated Mock:
    -I believe a team like Buffalo or Arizona will trade up to get a QB so I predict it will be Buffalo trading with us. So, Buf 2nd + 3rd round pick for Hou 1st round pick.
    -I package the two 3rds to move up in top of the 2nd
    2a. Jarvis Jones. His stock will drop all the way to Friday night
    2b. Robert Woods. Finally a legit #2 WR
    2c. Kawaan Short. A NT to stay for years to come
    3. David Quessenberry. With Newton being uncertain, depth is a necessity
    4. AJ Klein. Seems to be an upgrade to the ILB position
    5. Earl Williams. A safety to learn from Reed
    6a. Marquess Wilson. More WR depth since Posey shouldn't be available at the start of the season.
    6b. Michael Williams. A blocking TE that can be a #2 TE once he improves his catching ability
    7. Jordan Rodgers. Another QB.... why not?

2. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Would DeAndre Hopkins be able to become a No. 2 WR? He seems a likely 1st round pick.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Short of QB and OLT, speed/power OLB's are still the biggest impact players on the field.
    You get pass rush, run stops, blitzes and pass coverage from them. And there seems to be a shortage of them in this years draft. Whereas, there seems to be a good supply of WR's ( I like 12 of them), and they rarely effect the game much in year 1.

My two strategies are to:
    1. trade up, use the extra 3 to trade up to get a star player. I would only consider this because so many teams are trying to trade down. It should be a good value this year.

2. trade down, we are in a good spot for a team that already picked in the first to jump and get a QB. A deal could give us a total of 2, 2's and a 3, 3's.

But, you can't predict, so for the purposes of guessing.

27. LB Arthur Brown
    57. WR Terrance Williams
    89. OT BPA
    95. TE Jordan Reed
    124. DL (NT)
    160. RB Joseph Randle
    195. ILB
    233. CB/S

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

would love to have Arthur Brown in the 1st. I like Williams at the bottom of the 2nd, but i also believe there will be some other surprise WRs available there as well. It'd be great if Allen fell all the way to #57. We should end up with a solid WR in the 2nd ...which is why i'm fine going with another position in the 1st.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

57. Texans: Keenan Allen, WR, California. Thanks to a slower 40 time and prolonged recovery process, Allen could wind up going late in the second round. He wins with burst in and out of breaks and reliable hands at the catch point.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1...sevenround-mock-forecasts-every-pick-1-to-254

59. Patriots: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech. There are some elements of Reggie Wayne and Brandon Lloyd to Patton's game, since he wins by creating a sliver of separation at the top of his routes. His hands are incredibly reliable.

6. Progs

Progs Member

1. Hopkins
    2. Jesse Williams
    3a. Marcus Wheaton Oregon St Wr- dude will be a star in the NFL...If he is there take him fast...
    3b. John Bostin Florida MLB...

The MLB from Kansas St Arthur Brown is another one I would consider if he slips in the 2nd rd... Dude is like Demeco Ryans a little undersized but will be a stud in the NFL...

Speaking of Robert Woods Jerry Rice loves him and is his favorite Wr in the draft...

Wide receiver is a deep position in this draft... Hopefully Texans draft 2 in the first 4 rounds... Tyler Wilson has also been target by the Texans for the 3rd rd, but who knows which way they go...

7. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

1. Alec Ogletree ILB
    2. Kyle Long OL
    3. Jesse Williams DT
    3b. Bacarri Rambo S
    4. Tyler Bray QB
    5.Joseph Fauria TE
    6. Brandon McGee CB
    6b. Marcus Davis WR
    7. Armonty Bryant DE/OLB

Would be fackin solid