1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mobley Finally Getting "It"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan007, Feb 2, 2003.

1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

After the debate last about whether Francis and Mobley would ever get "it", it looks like Mobley has taken the first step with this quote after the game today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=230202010

"I was doing a lot of cutting and Yao found me a lot of times,'' Mobley said. 'That's what he's supposed to do. We try to work it inside first and then he works it back out. It's a lot easier for us if we work it inside first.'"

If both Francis and Mobley realize that the ball has to go inside first, then they are finally getting "it." We can only hope and pray that they continue to feed Yao, because that's the key to this team's success.

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Here's what impressed me about Mobley:

He was 8-8, but he didn't start jacking up shots thinking he was hot. He took ALL GOOD shots today.

That is "getting it."

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

feel the love

4. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Mobley has definatley got it the last to games!!

Keep it up Mobes!

5. carayip

carayip Member

Mobley stays. :D

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Man it sure is quiet in here when Mobes has a good game. Take that you hata's.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Mobley is finally "getting it" via being humbled like Francis, but who here really thought Rudy wasn't controlling Cuttino or somewhat understanding why Cat interpreted his directions as he did...remembering that Cat is not a passing fiend? If there are any truths on this planet, it is that Smegg's World Tour cannot be missed, and Cat loves Rudy and listens to him.

for more on the Smeggy tour, click here"<a href="mailto:smeggytour.20.heypartner@spamgourmet.com">45 cc.netters are sitting together so far, email for yours.</a>

And for a $7 discounts tell me why you think Mobley rocks...like RIET did!!!!

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

"It" come.

9. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

I'm not really a stat guy but have you notice that when the Rockets play team ball the points and other stuff balances out. I mean everyone is scoring better and shooting great. I can't wait for the Minnesota game to see if we can get another big W.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Anything that increases his trade value is A-OK with me :)

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Attaboy, Mobley! Keep up the good work.

At least till Feb. 20.
    :D

12. lovethisgametoo

This post together with Clutch's comment imply you guys heard some inside info about a trade, right? Are we trading for a true point guard and moving SF to the 2 guard, or we will have Elten Brand ??

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

This fact can not ever be underscored...

14. DLS

DLS Member

Ouch Clutch. :eek:

Do you believe that Cat is not able to consistently "get it"? These last two games are flukes? Wonder what eveyone thinks cause I'm not even sure what I think. Is Cat capable of consistently "getting it"......can he change for good from the dark side?

Does the right offense equalize low basketball IQ?

15. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

There is no way the Rockets move Mobley, unless it is part of a package for a premier PF, such as Elton Brand. He is just too valuable as a shooter and scorer, and finishes about 10 times better than our last long-term shooting guard, Vernon Maxwell, plus he's locked up for a while at a relatively cheap price.

Mobley is averaging 4 assists in his past 6 games, and has focused more on passing lately, from what I've seen. People here give up on our players too early; Mobley and Griffin were not playing incredibly well this year, but have improved their games lately by playing within a system and taking advantage of the opportunities their teammates present them with. Look at all of the easy baskets Griffin and Mobley have gotten the past 2 games, just by crashing the boards and looking for the cut passes.

Mobley and EG are tremendously talented and I do not think we will get rid of them, not do I think it is a good idea to get rid of them, unless we can get a premier player such as Brand.

16. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

I'll wait longer than two games before claiming he gets IT.

Remember, IT cometh and goeth

;)

17. walterw

walterw Member

Does Cat really get "it"? Let me read this in a little different point of view.

It looks to me in Cat's mind that his passing the ball inside to Yao is only a DECOY, and he expects to get the ball back, and
    "That's what he's(Yao) supposed to do"[\b].

But the real "it" is passing the ball to Yao is to have him to decide
    what to do, he can choose to shoot, pass to Mobley or maybe others based on the defense given to Rockets by opposing teams.
    Yao will make good decisions most of the times because he is really a team-oriented player and has a good understanding
    of the game.

Does Cat get "it"?
    Maybe or maybe not.

18. carayip

carayip Member

I am thinking about it too. What did Mobley mean by "That's what he's supposed to do"? So in his mind Yao's "supposed" to find Mobley easy baskets a lot of times? Yao's just an assist man for his scoring? :confused:

19. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

:D I agree... I need more than 2 games to be convinced, but it is a beautiful site when they play the way they did today. Like Calvin Murphhy said today, everyone loves the rockets but when your doing wrong and not playing right then you will be critizied, period. Criticism is the only reason the rockets have started playing the way they have. From ESPN - CC.NET, the rockets have had to hear it because they start doing exactly what the whole world said they needed to do. PASS THE BALL... Pat yourselfs on the back, "Tough Love" All who have slammed the rockets in the past few weeks have as much love as those who feel the rockets can do no wrong. I think they felt the heat and knew it was time to do something about it.. GOOD JOB ROCKETS. EVEN BETTER JOB CC.NET'ers...

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

<blockquote><hr>Originally posted by Clutch
    Anything that increases his trade value is A-OK with me :) <hr></blockquote> Well, lords knows I've been doing a whole lotta posting to increase his value, and I don't have a internationally reknowned fan website. So, what are you doing to increase his trade value? :)