1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Speights calls out Lebron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Mr. Space City

Gary Payton and Derek Fisher have a better chance at slowing down Irving than Varejao and Fyre do at slowing down Shaq.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

He isnt wrong if you're an idiot. When people say Lebron got 4 out of 10 tries or MJ got 6/6 tries then that just penalizes the dude getting more results.

The reality is even getting a try is an accomplishment. Think of it like a silver medal or 2nd place finish. Lebron got 4 gold medals and 6 silver medals. MJ got 6 gold medals. You can see which is the better overall accomplishment.

If the season or even the playoffs started with a Finals appearance then you can def say Lebron is 4/10 while MJ is 6/6 and Kobe is 5/6. But they dont start with a Finals appearance you are penalizing Lebron for making more Finals appearances while praising Kobe and MJ for getting eliminated before the finals. Is there anyone out there who says not making the Finals is better than making the Finals? Should Harden be happy he hasnt reached the Finals yet? When he finally becomes a champion he can say he never lost a Finals he is 100% wr, flawless and perfect.

The only reason something this stupid got framed this way is because MJ Kool Aid fans want to ensure their goat never gets beaten.

Jontro and jiggyfly like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes he is and jealous.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody won a championship all alone.

Jordan had another all time top 50 player with him, so did Kobe.

For the life of me I cannot understand the Lebron hate.

JeffB likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This shows you don't have a clue it was 10 times more of a circus than the decision.

Are you a teenager?

Jontro likes this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol.....Media perpetuated circus of false accusation vs Self center attention "look at me" w****

Are you r****ded? That is not the same thing.

Jontro likes this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Lebron has become predictable. Find a team that has spend the last several years rebuilding with lots of youth and cap space. Invite his buddies to team up, capitalize on the team burdening them down with big contracts with players who have peaked at their prime. Then leave the team in shambles with old broken down players.

Somehow people like you think this is greatness. I dont worship Jordan, but Jordan did have character. And LeBron is no Jordan or Kobe. He is a parasite.

JumpMan likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

4 titles...4 FMVP...3 titles with 3 different franchises...dominates the playoffs every year, including this year at age 35 in the West which everyone was claiming would expose him

next

YOLO and fckbandwagons like this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm not a LeBron stan and never will be but anyone using his "4 out 10" record as some kind of indictment on him being an inferior player to Jordan is stupid because there are other, more valid ways to compare and argue who is the better player. Hell, I'd wish the Rockets and Harden went to the Finals 10 times and be happy succeeding just once.

fckbandwagons and jiggyfly like this.
  10. Outlier

Outlier Member

LeBron is a failure because of being a sell out to China. Period.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

A circus is a circus and if going on SAS saying trade me is not the height of look at me I don't know what is.

Dude take of the knee pads.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yep Lebron is China's hero! MO better be careful or that China will come after him like they came after Daryl Morey and Ty Lawson.

13. Space Ghost

Nobody is trying to diminish his capability as a player. He is just not that great of a sports warrior like Kobe and Jordan. What does 4 FMVP even mean? If he wins a title, of course he is going to get FMVP.

To put it in perspective, Jordan has won just as many finals as lebron has lost. The guy who has won 6/6 finals is more impressive than the guy who has only won 4/10. And one of them in an interrupted season.

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

If we're talking about perspectives, how many times has LeBron's team been the favorite in the Finals? Again, like I stated before, I'm no LeBron stan/apologist but if we're going to use the team's that LeBron has carried over the years as a mark of his failures then we really have to look at everything (supporting cast, opposing team in the Finals, teams he had to go through to get to the Finals, etc.).

YOLO likes this.
  15. Space Ghost

How many times has he been to the finals. in the East. And lost. But you are right, everything should be taken into account.

I like Jordan for the same reason I like Hakeem. He had charisma. I never liked Kobe because as he was very arrogant, but the guy was a killer on court. I respect that.

LeBron is a prima donna b**** who whines about everything. This is what has largely diminished LeBrons legacy.

Ramo$e and steddinotayto like this.
  16. steddinotayto

The bolded part is where you and I are on the same page in regards to Jordan, Hakeem and Kobe.

I just think using NBA Finals appearances (or more specifically, NBA Finals losses) as a measure of a player's greatness is oversimplifying things, especially in 2020. To a greater extent, we as fans move the chains when it comes to championship hardware all the time to fit our own narrative for a player.

"Whoever has the most rings is the GOAT" Okay but Horry and Steve Kerr has more rings than MJ
    "No, idiot. Whoever has the most rings and was also the best player on his team is the GOAT" Okay but Bill Russell was the best player on at least 6 of his teams if we're going by advance metrics
    "Who cares. He played against soft competition back in the day to get those rings" Okay but the Celtics won their championships against Bob Pettit, Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, etc.
    "Yea but Russell also had help. He had HoFers playing with him in Cousy, Havlicek, etc" Okay but MJ had a HoFer in Scottie Pippen next to him, one of the Top 5 rebounders of all time in Rodman, and a few All-Stars that came and went like Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, etc.
    "MJ was never carried by any of his players though. LeBron won his rings off of shots by Ray Allen and Kyrie Irving" They weren't series clinchers but I'm pretty sure Paxon and Kerr made some huge shots. Also if Pippen never arrived into town Jordan might not have ever gotten over the hump against Detroit (this was evident even before the docu-series).
    "Whatever. MJ: 6 for 6. Lebron: 4 for 10" Okay how many of those MJ teams were the favorites in the NBA Finals? How many of LeBron's teams were the favorites?

I mean Hakeem's Finals record is 2 for 3 but we don't hold that against him.

Ramo$e likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Kobe did not whine about just as much?

LeBron is not a killer on the court?

it's plain to see you are biased.

Lebron took a team to finals way before either of those 2 did and with lesser talent.

How many times have Jordan and Kobe went to playoffs and lost without getting to the finals?

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Two different scenarios which one is it? It can't be be both. Which was the circus?

A 30 minute SAS show?
    Or the false media perpetuated accusation?

Stick to one subject. Demanding a trade BECAUSE YOUR TEAM IS LEGETIMATELY RUNNING A NURSING HOME is not the circus that was the decision. Why are you squares so keen on defending this girly action?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Decision_(TV_program)

Nothing can justify this kid tooting his own horn. He ain't even better than Jordan. Jordan never load managed like this guy does. Looks like you are the one that need to step away from the knee pads. lol

19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

If Lebron was such a killer and could do more with less talent.....Why leave?
    Threating to leave so your team can make moves and actually doing a TV special is another thing.
    Lebron lost to Spurs and Dallas before he left and went to Miami. Is that really a killer instinct? NO
    IT's NOT!

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

What does 4 FMVP even mean? That’s not a serious question

Sports warrior? What does that mean?

Lebron’s 2016 title is greater than any title MJ or Kobe won