1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Bamba gives us what we need...with upside.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 18, 2022.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Make no mistake, this is to COMPLIMENT Sixgun and, presumably Banchero.

burlesk and Milos like this.
  2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Nah, I haven't been gone, just haven't posted alot. You know as well as I do what a sorry team in houston does. Attendance is going to be piss poor which directly relates back to the bean counters. Parking,vending, etc.. all matters especially to a guy like fertita. Those expiring contracts can be broken up into smaller contracts to improve the team along with the drafting of young talent. If a player reaches free agency and you're not in contention, all you're going to do is overpay for a average all star or below all star caliber player, imo.

ElPigto and Jontro like this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Just wait a year and he'll be on a few 10 day contracts... That dude is awful , but I'd take a flyer on him to back up Sengun and the incoming big.... Stretch 5? lmao

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you are starting to like this what makes you think Orl will trade him?

Whoever Orl drafts it wont be a center, all top 4 prospects can play with Bamba.

5. leebigez

13-15m in the nba is basically mle money. Pretty much the same you had with wood. This dream scenario off being bad then spending big money on a free agent, when has that happened? Memphis hasn't done that. Neither has Dallas or GSW, or or the Bucs. At some point you have have a collection not only star players, but supplemental players as well. I can't speak for anyone else, but I speak of Bamba a as core role player. He shot 38% from 3 at 7ft and provided rim protection. If you can add a 24 yr old who is maturing, how can this not help the team.

6. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Garbage song.

VoR likes this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I like the thought of going after Bamba and Ivey. I posted that in another thread.

I also like the idea of using #3 and Wood for Ayton in a sign and trade (with a future protected first), though some understandably don't like the idea of giving Ayton the max.

Plowman likes this.
  8. leebigez

They have Carter Jr as well as Issac and Wagner. If they draft Chet, thats 5 bigs for 2 spots. His restricted free agency could give the Rockets a chance to acquire him and Orlando get something vs losing him for nothing.

Plowman and D-rock like this.
  9. StrawberryJamm

Yeah I think we can get these guys a rim runner/lob threat prototype to play with pretty easily without using alot of our draft/trade asset equity.

There are tons of these guys, and they often have shorter peaks kinda like RBs in football.
    I say let's let the Magic and the Knicks develop these guys and than snag them when their 24-25 with 4 years of experience but haven't lost their step yet. I would do over pays for shorter contacts, Mitchell Robinson would be good as well for example.

I don't think Paolo's as set in stone as everyones acting but if that's the case than great Sengun and him can play together for 15 minutes be exciting on offense and rough on defense and then stagger the rest with a traditional big, their defense will improve in time it's not that hard of an issue to solve.

10. leebigez

I actually like Paolo as a 3 man. I mean, name the sf in the nba now days. He handles the ball well enough and moves his feet defensively. He can play bully ball on smaller 3 men

VoR and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

He might be more expensive than Bamba.

12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Less Bamba.

Mo (Green) Mamba.

13. Nook

Nook Member

I agree on his outside shooting and he is VERY long, he blocks shots for sure. I have wanted him on the Rockets for several years. However his awareness and instincts really are bad. I’m not going to be upset if they add him, I’ll just say I am not as excited about him as I used to be. He also is very smart and basketball isn’t his first interest. Coaches say he is a good person but not passionate about the game.

palmsnbananas, jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I had high hope's for him too once upon a time.

He could have been unbelievable under MDA.

D'Antoni loved smart players and knew how to get the best out of them.

jch1911 likes this.
  15. ilias

ilias Member

If we pick Banchero, Bamba makes a lot of sense as his front court partner. I’d think Orlando picking Chet would make Bamba redundant. So, a sign and trade would be a real possibility.

D-rock and leebigez like this.
  16. leebigez

That's all I'm saying. Especially with him being a restricted free agent

D-rock likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Plowman, D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'd do an extend and trade for Bamba, regardless of who we pick at 3. From just a brief google search the market value for Bamba is around 9-13 a year which would fit perfectly in, at the high end, with Wood's salary.

Extend and trade Bamba at 3 years, $39 million and send them Wood and Milwaukee's 1st.

jch1911 likes this.
  19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Darn it, @J.R. ... lol

[​IMG]
    MO BAMBAC, ORLANDO MAGIC
    [​IMG]
    With the Magic picking first in a draft that features three post players as the top three prospects, Mo Bamba is likely to leave Orlando, especially after being shopped around at the trade deadline, per Bleacher Report's Jake Fischer.
    Bamba has had such an up and down career so far in Orlando, which continued this season. As a fantasy player, he can provide blocks and triples from the center position. However, his spot in the rotation never felt safe, and he was sometimes limited to a minimal role. With Wendell Carter Jr. and whoever they pick in the draft as the frontcourt of the future, Bamba's likely to get a fresh start with a new team next season.

Plowman, D-rock and J.R. like this.
  20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

When I see this guy, I see Kelvin Cato. Stay away, Stone.