1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MMA] Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The one who does not fall cannot get up

2. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Fedor was stupid to go to the ground with him. He played right into Werdum's strenght. Fedor would have destroyed him standing up.

3. Kam

Kam Member

The translator looks a bit like Roseann.

So Strikeforce 27 is coming to Houston..

Hope tickets are affordable.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Maybe this gives Fedor enough humility to sign with UFC.

5. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

He has one more fight with strikeforce, I bet they give him a rematch with Werdum immediately.

6. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Yeah, August 21 at Toyota Center

7. London'sBurning

I kind of doubt it to be honest with you. UFC threatened to ban TapouT from promoting on their cards because they struck a t-shirt deal with Fedor. Tapout was forced to back out of the deal and Fedor instead signed with Clinch Gear which is owned by Dan Henderson instead.

UFC have been dicks to Fedor.

8. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

I disagree it's going to be Werdum vs. Alistair Overreem for the Strikeforce heavyweight championship.

9. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Thats what I figured before the fight. But Werdum stated in his interview that he wanted to give Fedor a rematch and with only one fight left on his SF contract, I bet they make it happen to keep Fedor happy. You know Dana White is loving this.

10. London'sBurning

I wouldn't be surprised if its still Fedor vs Overeem for a title match. It's his last fight on his contract and that would put Fedor in a championship clause if he wins vs Overeem and lock him up with Strikeforce for at least two years I think.

They gave Brett Rogers a title shot vs Overeem even though Rogers had just lost to Fedor.

11. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Tonight's event is not bad and an improvement from the last Strikeforce (post-fight brawl/debacle between Mayhem Miller and Jake Shields). They're still have a lot of work to do to get past the UFC as the best MMA league in the world. Strikeforce is MMA's version of the AFL or ABA and UFC is NFL or NBA. I can't wait for the next Strikeforce event in H-Town, I'm planning to go there. I don't know when tickets are going to be on sale.

12. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

damn just found out im goin on a cruise that day...so much for goin to strikeforce

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That sucks, typical of White to burn the bridges like that. Hopefully one of them swallows their pride and work together in putting down Lesnar. I was really hoping for an Overeem-Fedor though.

14. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

For anyone who missed the fight. Hopefully it stays up.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R8eLBXqoB90&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R8eLBXqoB90&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

15. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Member

Man I was at the fight tonight and people were PISSED about Fedor losing. We didn't pay money to see that. It looked like Werdum faked being knocked out (if you notice, Fedor doesn't really connect) and went to the ground pretending to be hurt.

Fedor took the bait and jumped on him to knock him out and didn't realize Werdum was playing possum. The right was only like 60 seconds in and thus, Fedor didn't have any sweat and was easy to grip onto and Werdum went straight for the submission when Fedor went in for the kill.

On the plus side, Cung Le kicked the crap out of Shields. I'm surprised his ribs aren't broken. Cung Le vs Shields III, make it happen!

16. Angle02

Angle02 Member

You were at the fights and you dont even know Cung Le fought Scott Smith? :grin:

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

This is the greatest upset in MMA history.

Imagine the upset of Tyson and multiply it by 5.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

nah it was a large function of bad game planning and underestimating your opponent's ground game. fedor said before the fight that he felt like werdum's ground game was on the level of big nog's mma ground game....he was wrong.

bad game plan. fedor will dominate in rematch like cung le did.

19. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

It's the freaking cage.

Watch how Fedor power right out of the first triangle. Werdum tried again, and Fedor power right out off it as well before it locked. But this time the cage is in the way and bounce Fedor back into the triangle. Game over.

20. King1

King1 Member

Although I agree it's the biggest upset in MMA history, it isn't even close to the level of Mike Tyson getting upset and certainly not times 5