1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MMA] Kimbo Slice Vs James Thompson on CBS

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rz04, May 31, 2008.

1. rz04

rz04 Member

Don't know if theres already a thread about this but please lock if there already is one.

Anyways I have never seen any MMA fighting so this will be interesting to see a street fighter
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vkdIcQsYow&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vkdIcQsYow&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

vs a actual professional fighter.

Anyone else going to watch this?

2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Hope Kimbo get a good whoop'n.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Butterbean knocked Thompson out in about a minute.

5. WWR

WWR Member

I hope he gets his ass whooped so bad he never throws another punch again.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Why is there all this hate for Kimbo? :confused:

7. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

Thompson's a giant can. Kimbo will destroy him.

8. WWR

WWR Member

He's a big nickel that thinks he's a pure bad ace. It wouldn't be so bad except for his oversized ego. He's pretty tough and a pretty good fighter, but he needs someone to humble him.

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

i'm more excited to see that hottie from america gladiators on the undercard.

10. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

It'll never happen but I'd love to see Kimbo vs Fedor.

11. WWR

WWR Member

Plus, in the video embedded here, he knocks a dude in the side of the head when he isn't even looking at him. What's up with that? UFC, yeah, WEC, ok. But this is back yard fighting, and he was obviously too much for the poor dude. Then you go cheap shot him when he isn't looking. He needs to be put in his place.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

this dude kimbo slice is actually making me interested in the MMA which i never was. If he can make it to the UFC I would certainly start watching and if he can become a pro boxer I'll definitely start watching that as well.

13. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Are you serious? Kimbo is nowhere near the level of Fedor, and never will be. It's like wanting to see a fight between and ant and a lion.

Anyways, I don't see EliteXC letting this guy lose at all. They keep throwing scrubs at him so they can make more money. CBS and EliteXC are both struggling.

Here's a good (but biased) article concerning this:

Kimbo not the face of MMA

14. KingCheetah

One thing in Kimbo's favor -- for a guy in his mid-30's to suddenly make a career like he has out of street fights on the internet is unbelievable. If you've seen him lately after training under Bas Rutan the results are impressive to say the least.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'd like to see Kimbo vs. Federline. :D

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

why? so he can get completely dismantled?

i like kimbo and i think if he continues his training with bas then he should have a couple good year left. his speed and strength do not seem to have diminished one bit so that is really good for a guy in his 30's. hopefully, they will put him up against some real competition one of these days but i am doubtful. elitexc is trying to showcase like a circus act and it is going to hurt his career as a fighter.

17. KingCheetah

Well, like any pro starting out he has to fight some easy fights to build himself up -- even Tyson fought tomato cans at the beginning of his career. That Kimbo is headlining an event on national TV already is a bit much though, but if the fans want it they'll get it I guess.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

NSFW - Video of Kimbo's loss in a street fight.

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/388745/kimbo_vs_gannon_fight_kimbo_loses.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/388745/kimbo_vs_gannon_fight_kimbo_loses/">Kimbo Vs. Gannon Fight (Kimbo Loses!)</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Click here for more amazing videos</a></font>

DD

19. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Just like in boxing when your fighting "protect yourselves at all times", That goes for street fights too.

20. KingCheetah

I can't believe Ray Mercer didn't insist on the same rules as were dictated for that fight -- Mercer would have destroyed KS, instead he got choked out. Mercer was fighting Wladimir Klitschko in 2002 and Shannon Briggs in 2005 -- Briggs was the WBO champion a year later.