1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MMA] Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem set for Dec. 30

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TheDreams, Sep 6, 2011.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Brock doesn't react well to getting hit and Overeem has devestating striking, especially with his knees. Overeem doesn't like being on the ground, especially on the bottom and Brock has overpowering wrestling/size. Going to be interesting to watch this clash of styles since ones weakness and is the others strength.

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Cannot wait for this fight, what a way to end the year for the UFC. First the purchase strike force, then take over brazil, the emergence of Jon jones, fox deal and now the biggest fight in mma history

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

as in muscles?....

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

As in ppv buys, depending on the undercard could surpass 100.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The question was asked earlier in the thread -- will Overeem come in at a steroid ripped 260 or a well trained steroid-free 225 with all the testing he'll have to take?

6. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Seems like free money to bet on Overeem at -130 right now; Brock is coming off of having a foot of intestine removed and his confidence must be at an all time low; Overeem is coming off of a solid win over Werdum.

Great matchup, and if Overeem is actually signed to an exclusive contract with the UFC, he could definitely be a breakout star if he beats up on Brock.

7. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

It's a good fight but...
    [​IMG]
    Bye bye Brock.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I hope the Overeem stays "the new Ubereem" because he was showing shades of his former self in the Werdum fight. His former self meaning just gassing out and losing against every top fighter he fought in Pride (Werdum, Big Nog, Shogun, Kharitonov, Arona, Liddell and being finished every time mind you). But yeah he pulled out a win against Werdum which was good but he wasn't as impressive as I had hoped. This guy is way bigger than he was in Pride and maybe this is right weight class for him after all.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Didn't he have a broken rib and a broken toe going into that fight?

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

You got a source? I didn't hear anything about injuries except Werdum messed up his knee in the 2nd round. I know Overeem wanted to delay his fight (which was eventually called off) against Silva so he could heal his broken toe and fractured rib but I didn't hear anything about him coming into the fight with said injuries. I'm sure it was after.