1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MJ weighs in on who is better - Kobe or LBJ

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dream Shake 81, Jul 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Steve_Francis_rules

I watched the game. Lebron didn't give up. He put up a triple double, dominated the boards, and locked down Paul Pierce (4/13 shooting). He was very sloppy with the ball (9 turnovers), but I would not say that he didn't try.

2. Steve_Francis_rules

You left out the 2 assists. He had 24 shot attempts on a night when he was just dreadful, and he managed 2 assists.

3. Steve_Francis_rules

Once you're out of the first round of the playoffs, the East is not the weaker conference. Boston, Orlando, and Cleveland are all better than any team the Lakers had to contend with in the West.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i don't think people who argued the point saw the game.

kobe was god awful offensively and could have shot the lakers out of the game had it not been for artest's and the lakers' interior defense.

5. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

LOL, I don't need self-claimed scout, MJ just agreed with me Kobe's the better player, are you mad?

6. jlwee

jlwee Member

What MJ trying to tell is:

6 > 5

so kobe need to try hard next season! :grin:

7. Steve_Francis_rules

Have you ever made a post on cluchfans in a non-Kobe thread? That's a serious question, I really can't remember.

8. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Lebron probably killed his legacy as an NBA player. No longer can the words greatest ever and Lebron go in the same sentence. I don't care if he wins 7 rings. Hope he's happy.

I hate Kobe, but Kobe is better. Always has been, always will be.

9. Steve_Francis_rules

This post just doesn't make any sense. How good Lebron is has nothing to do with his teammates. How good Kobe is has nothing to do with his teammates.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if you were lebron, and you saw kobe in the finals, and he shot 40%, and shot 6-24 in the finals and still won,

maybe he's thinking along these lines:

lebron: "damn, i'm playing at a much higher level and people still think i struggled. kobe can be mediocre and people jock him like he's the ish. maybe i need to start sucking a lil more."

1 person likes this.
  11. three

three Member

if I only make 6 good posts out of 24, can I get the MVP too? :big grin:

but seriously, lebron is possibly the best athlete to ever play basketball and is a better finisher, rebounder & passer than kobe.

kobe is the better scorer, shooter & defender.

if they played 1 on 1, kobe would win.
    if they played 5 on 5 (other teammates being equal), lebron would win.

conclusion, lebron is better (because basketball is a team sport).

ps. I would take prime Tmac over both of them (flame suit on). :big grin:

12. yaonow

yaonow Member

OT/ Lakers would not have that 5th ring if not for artest's dagger layup that he plunged straight into steve nash's heart.. i still cringe because that was probably steve's last chance

13. rocketschamp3

rocketschamp3 Member

Kobe no brainer

14. showtang043

showtang043 Member

lebrons some combination parts of Dominique Wilkins and Allen iverson

He is the most athletic and unique body type and speed this game has seen, that said Kobe is the most skilled player. Ill take him over Lebron Fames any day

15. MD_in_Training

Teammates matter for legacies.

16. Ashes

Ashes Member

Kobe.

17. three

three Member

I don't like either Kobe or Lequit. Kobe is possibly the most skilled offensive player of all time but Lebron's size, strength & speed is just too much of a load for teams to defend. I remember Battier saying how bruised up he was after playing against Lebron. This is why he wins so many reg season games & can be beaten in the playoffs. Most teams just don't want to take the punishment during the regular season but come playoff time, they are willing to sacrifice their bodies to win.

It is so hard to stop him from getting to the paint and once he is there, he is THE best finisher in the game. Whoever wins the paint battle, normally wins the game.

18. supdudes

supdudes Member

tsk tsk so close...but you just had to add that in..Otherwise the argument would have been somewhat valid on the whole. do I even need to state why you are absolutely, objectively WRONG??? Like seriously? As if one highlight dunk scores you 81 points, or a nice three scores you 50+ points not just for the game you currently playing, but also for the next three? And of course highlight plays makes you average 35+ games for a season, which is why Kobe got beat out for MVP that year by Steve Nash, who occasionally made highlight passes.

Sarcasm aside, Kobe is one of the most consistent and effective players game- and not stat- wise out there. I should know because -Flame suit on, though I'm not sure why- I watch the Lakers almost as much as i do the ROCKETS BOI!!!

19. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Was Jordan lucky to great players? What about Magic or Bird?

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe is the best player in the NBA, but I still hesitate to put him with Magic, Jordan, Dream, Bird...