1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MJ could be without any doubts - the greatest ever, yet…

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by plutoblue11, Jan 27, 2023.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

He might be the worse person to have in charge over a team. I say this, because Charlotte can’t get any type of consistency traction and an MJ fan on YouTube with hundreds of lemmings basically said that the Rockets were pretty stupid to pass on MJ and he could’ve brought more titles to Houston than Olajuwon.

One person was ignorant enough to say that MJ could’ve had total power in Houston and built his own champion dynasty. He wouldn’t have to deal with Krause. About the dumbest thing I heard for NBA takes in awhile.

Granted that Krause made some mistakes with how he handled the aging Bulls. He is one of the better GMs throughout NBA history. He made a near absolute team that complimented MJ. Krause was a several leagues ahead of MJ when it comes to team-building. Between 85-98, there’s not too many more GMs that had the kind of resume.

MJ has shown us how might’ve set back the Wizards and Bobcats/Hornets. Handling and managing players may not be one of his strongest attributes as it is. Yet, his fanboys act as if he had magical powers on the court and all away around basketball including at managerial prowess.

I’d already say I don’t believe MJ could completely turn around the Rockets of the late 80s instead of Dream. Not if everything plays out roughly the same. The Rockets probably are still stuck in NBA purgatory’s and would’ve still lost key players to injuries and drug suspensions. While, they absolutely no qualms about tanking. That probably doesn’t end well for both parties, because the Rockets would have to either trade MJ at some point or acquiesce MJ, which something the Bulls rarely did with him in constructing a team.

He’s about the most amazing player there ever was on the court, him running everything would be a near-death sentence for any franchise. Like, LeBron, I don’t think neither has the patience or time to develop rookies or younger players. It does come with many growing pains and requires someone who can have a great eye and is patient with said process.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Jontro
    @Reeko

if kids today are still getting beat up for Jordans then you know he's better than LeBron

juanm34 and Jontro like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have zero regrets about the Rockets not taking Jordan
    @Clutch
    Perfectly happy with Clutch City
    Only regret is the owner who changed our beautiful uniforms for tacky pajamas

Rocket River likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

MJ could be without any doubts - the greatest ever, yet…

...he rocked a Hitler stash.

plutoblue11 likes this.