1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mitt Romney 2012

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Jun 2, 2011.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I've never seen a single renewal where half the rate increase was attributed to HCR on the group side. I can't speak for individual. Like I said, 4.5% is the highest I've ever seen.

Are you dealing with individual insurance or group? You must be a statistical phenomenon if you've had a claim denied every time you've ever gone. You should probably buy lottery tickets with your propensity to hit on such a statistical improbability.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Juicystream is one person and like was in another thread, we shouldn't generalize based on one anecdotal experience. (Although as I said, with such an amazing run of statistical improbability, Juicy should buy lottery tickets for sure!)

I've dealt with hundreds of claims and clients and the vast majority of claim errors are the fault of the doctor misfiling a claim or the patient. Very rarely does an insurance company just mess up. On top of that, very rarely does an insurance company deny a claim, particularly on an office visit.

3. juicystream

juicystream Member

Both sides. Individual for BCBS, Group for Aetna. Like I said, I almost never go to the doctor. BCBS is related to an issue with my wife. I only used Aetna twice in the 3 years I had it. To me the doctor's office has always been a waste of money. They usually tell me what I already knew, and send me on my way. So we are talking about only 3 instances, but still it is 3 for 3.

With Medicaid, we have had only one problem, and we can't be sure if it was their fault, or the hospital's fault.

I probably will drop coverage for myself until 2014 and the government starts subsidizing my premiums.

I can't tell you how much my opinion has changed concerning health insurance in this country over the last 2 years.

Edit: I was a dependent on my mother's BCBS policy (through Civil Service) and as far as I know there were never issues, just increasing co-pays. Of course I can only recall one instance where I was there for something other than a physical or shots.

#103 juicystream, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i understand that but you were responding to his experience.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

No I wasn't, I was responding to his generalization.

6. juicystream

juicystream Member

I certainly believe that most are misfiled claims, but that is a terribly inefficient system. I do believe my experience is partly a result of crappy coverage and bad luck. I will probably switch my wife over to USAA, since they have been nothing but wonderful in dealing with for our auto and homeowners insurance.

7. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

Poll out today shows romney, no longer generic, beating the once, 49-46.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

will romney win the primary basso if he runs against palin?

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

he won't win the primary at all. and if he does, he'll have to flip flop on a huge issue that was widely considered a positive for romney.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Palin will get the department of law after him. There is nothing he could do.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Reported to cyberpolice & backtraced.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

[​IMG]

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Too bad for you the election isn't today.

14. thadeus

thadeus Member

Link.

15. SunsRocketsfan

The ABC-Washington Post poll showed Obama and Romney on 47% each among all Americans surveyed, and Romney on 49% and Obama on 46% among registered party members, who are among those most likely to vote.

Another poll published by Public Policy Polling shows Romney in the lead in the early key states of the Republican nomination battle. Romney was widely predicted to take New Hampshire and Nevada but struggle in social conservative Iowa and hardline rightwing South Carolina.

But the PPP poll shows him on 27% in South Carolina against Sarah Palin's 18%. Earlier PPP polls showed him with a 6% lead over rivals in Iowa, 15% in Nevada and 23% in New Hampshire.

Obama has dropped a long way from the heady days after his 2009 inauguration, when he enjoyed poll approval ratings of 70% to 80%. Over the last year, he has been struggling to get above 50%. The death of Bin Laden gave him a modest bounce, to around 55%.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

MC my political views may be in the minority on this message board but not in the real world. There are a lot of people who now realize they were duped by "hope and change". MC, I can tell you are a very intelligent person however sometimes I think you let your love for Obama cloud your mind. Peace!!:)

17. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Nice ad by the Romney campaign.

Obama stated if he can't turn things around in three years he shouldn't be elected to a second term.

Ouch.

If Palin or Bachmann or another unexperienced candidate with views contrary to my own wins the Republican nod, I will in no way vote for them.

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

I'm just one person too but in my case that is an extremely inaccurate statement. When I broke my ankle and needed hardware to reconnect my tibia and fibula, and subsequently didn't walk for nearly a year, they took my $5,000 deductible and denied somewhere between 3-5K in additional claims all of which were prescribed by my doctors - physical therapy, walking boots, etc. They also withheld coverage on pain medication on several occasions, sometimes for days, when I was in excruciating pain.

And on mental health care, which I supposedly have, they give you about 10 in-network caregivers to see (6 of which no longer practice in Houston and 1 of which only sees children), they pay only 40% of the first 20 visits/annum out of network and 0% after that (I have 116 appointments a year, all out of network because the network providers suck) and if you are ever diagnosed with a serious mental health issue they drop you like a rock. I was actually told this by a Humana rep: if you are diagnosed with a serious mental health disorder, we will have to discontinue coverage.

Although I have mental health care coverage, I pay about 15K out of pocket for it. I do not have dental or optical and have so far this year paid over 2K for dental and over 1K for optical. That's 18K out of pocket with no serious illness and supposedly 'good' insurance.

A Humana rep recently called to tell me they had a new on-phone nurse service and asked if there was anything they could do to improve service. I said, "Yes. Vote Democrat."

19. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Who do you expect to pay for 116 appointments a year??

No wonder insurance rates are so high.