1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mitt Romney 2012

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Jun 2, 2011.

1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

^^^Freekin sad that his biggest accomplishment is being sacrificed for partisan wingnuttery. He deserves to lose just for that.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

if i omit from my web site, people will forget it

politicians are so damn stupid

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I don't think he can win as long as he's running away from HCR. He should embrace it, chide Republicans for villainizing it, and come what may. He might lose big, but he's certain to lose otherwise, imo.

As for the revenue/expense sidebar, businesses increase their revenues by creating more value, not just raising prices. Simply raising tax rates isn't really comparable to a private enterprise creating more value. They need to provide better governance, which isn't something you can just legislate into existence. Increasing tax rates might be something we need to do so that we can provide services that create value that will enable our businesses and citizenry to create more value in turn -- but it isn't value creation all in itself.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

fork him, he's done.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

but there in lies the rub, they aren't interested in governing unless its cutting the capital gains tax or starting a war

i agree on hcr, the most ridiculous thing is it apparent is successful in mass

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Representative democracy is a principal-agent problem, writ large.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

As always Mitt's speech in NH got me pumped up about his candidacy -- I think he has a great shot to beat Newt and Sarah.

8. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

Exactly. Should he win by distancing himself from it, Obama will skewer him in the general.

Mitt: "Obamacare will fail and is a waste of money!"
    Obama: "Actually, we modeled it very similar to the plan that you enacted in your state and that you yourself admit is quite successful. What's your problem, weirdo?"

Too late now though, he's shot himself not in the foot, but in the chest. Hard to recover from that.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

In a day when John McCain rails against an immigration bill sponsored by John McCain I don't find stuff like this surprising.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

I don't know if I could vote for the guy. It would be really tough to make a decision of voting for him or not voting. Of course that means Obama would win which means I would hold my nose and vote for him like I did with Mc Cain. I don't guess it would really be a tough decision Vote for Romney who will continue to slowly destroy the country or vote for Obama who is trying his best to destroy it quickly. To me it would be a loss either way but less so with Romney.

11. Nook

Nook Member

How did that whole end of the world thing work out for you? I see you survived...

12. cml750

cml750 Member

I never believed anything would happen on a known date. Beside, the guy who predicted that must not even know the Bible because this world will not be "ending" anytime soon. On the other hand, the rapture of the true believers of Jesus and his return to this planet could happen any day now. I have studied Bible prophecy for quite a while and can tell you without any hesitation that most everything that was prophesied would happen before Jesus return has happened. Now with the economies of this world spending themselves into oblivion and the countries of this world starting to really turn against Israel, I can say the time of his return is very close. As economies of the world start collapsing there will emerge a one world government led by the antichrist.

13. Northside Storm

either that or Ronald McDonald will lead us all to a crisp and satisfying deep-fried death

14. mc mark

mc mark Member

WOW! Does this guy really even want the nomination?

"I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that,"

Mitt Romney, Manchester, New Hampshire

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

Next thing you know, the real Mitt Romney will emerge from the memory erasing procedure (a la Men In Black) and say, "Wait a minute! I actually got healthcare coverage for 99% of my state!" It's almost as if there's a Mini-Mitt running around inside of his head ringin' those bells.

16. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Member

If he's every able to get through this new age of Republican "all or nothing" politics. I'd vote for him.

17. cml750

cml750 Member

I would never in a million years vote for him in a primary!!!! In fact, I believe if he wins the nomination, which I doubt, it would ensure Obama would get re-elected.

18. Dubious

Dubious Member

Which nutcase er, candidate do you think could unseat Obama?

19. cml750

cml750 Member

I think Obama is very vulnerable as long as a GOP nominee emerges that excites the base. The small handful of people that I know who are staunch Democrats have all reconsidered their positions. These are strong union supporters who have always backed the Dem candidate because that is what they are told to do and the Union does send out a lot of propaganda. Obama and Obamacare have changed their minds. I am quite sure this phenomenon is happening all across the country. Obamacare, unemployment, and the crazy deficits that Obama has racked up will be his undoing. I believe most any GOP candidate would have a real good chance. Who that person will be I don't know however I do not think it will be Romney because he is way too liberal.

20. mc mark

mc mark Member

unlikely