1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mistake by ESPN on our depth chart?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Unstable, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Unstable

Unstable Member

Was exploring the team depth chart on ESPN (today - my time around 2:19pm 17 July 2013) and saw that they put for Houston Rockets players as

Team PG SG SF PF C
    HOU J.Lin J. Harden C. Parsons O. Asik O. Asik
    LAL S.Nash K. Bryant N. Young P. Gasol C. Kaman

Or maybe someone is still butt hurt about Howard leaving LAL?

Anyways, I did a screen capture just in case they amend this part later...
    :grin:

link: http://espn.go.com/nba/depth

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

OMFG THERE'S A MISTAKE ON ESPN!!! BETTER POST ON CF

3. SPBR

SPBR Member

They are still in denial about Howard joining the Rockets... that or Omer worked on his ninja skills this off-season and will play 2 positions simultaneously next year.

4. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Didn't you know we just acquired Omer Asik's legendary twin brother Omar Asik? It was rumoured that he is 4x as athletic as Omer and 2 feet taller, but because he broke a regulation in the CBA when coming to Houston, Morey had to wait an extra year to put him on the roster. So in the mean time, to make sure no one gets a hold of Omar, he hid Omar under his basement for the whole year. All this Dwight talk are all just smokescreen. 3 weeks later, we'll see Morey try to trade away all Lin, Harden, Parsons, and Dwight so that he can build a team around the O2 Bros that's going to become legendary in the NBA.

5. Unstable

Unstable Member

come on mig0s it's not like we have anything to do except wait for the next season to start .....

nice wish list by the way - but unfortunately Ibaka isn't available for us to push into our PF slot...... sigh....

6. Raiden87

Raiden87 Member

they spelled his name wrong its Zomer

7. bmd

bmd Member

This is correct. I'm surprised so many people on here are oblivious to Omar. The Asik brothers were legendary in Turkey.

Omar is a freak of nature:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Oracle

Oracle Member

The ESPN is a total mess. The roster is completely different from the depth chart. The depth chart also lack Casspi and Williams who have not been officially introduced yet, but to my understanding at least Casspi has already signed the contract (beyond agreement).

I have give this to the ESPN: The Rockets own web site is equally messed. They havent even thought about 2013-2014 season. I think it would be a great idea to start to work that department as well.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

alot of trades aren't official yet, and salaries havent been updated just yet. ESPN is not alone here. Sham sports, RealGM, HoopsHype, and Yahoo all aren't up to date yet.

I personally could care less about the roster depth chart. Im just ready for the trade machine to get up and running correctly again.

10. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Omar???

[​IMG]

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This is so thread-worthy.

12. Gertso

Gertso Member

I almost think it's on purpose. The other day they made an error displaying Howard's stats last season where it read 7.1 ppg instead of 17 like it should have been.

13. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

That's Chalky White.

14. Unstable

Unstable Member

Yo Oracle, agree that our own site is not up-to-date - but there is a reason why I included LAL depth chart info on my original post - it's to show that when it comes to Lakers they seemed to be on their toes but was tardy when dealing with our Rockets information - I think that kind of double-standard should be highlighted......

15. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Omer Asik do it all.

16. QazQay

QazQay Member

Just wait until the Rockets bring over Zomer and Zomar!

17. Unstable

Unstable Member

Wow, it's been close to a week and espn still hasn't updated rockets depth chart for 2013-2014...... Even the royal baby wasn't this tardy.......

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That page probably accounts for .00000006% of the site's traffic right now. Low on the queue.

19. Unstable

Unstable Member

That's still isn't a good excuse for a news provider to display such poor standards of publishing.... I mean they put O Asik in both the C and PF position!

This is the Internet age and it isn't that difficult to update a name on a web page

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Why is this a thread?