1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mission : win 5 of next 6 !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chandlerbang21, Apr 3, 2016.

1. chandlerbang21

With Dallas and Portland on win streaks its imperative the rockets "turn the corner" and win 5 of the next 6 games to avoid the Warriors or spurs in first round. A loss today would be devastating! Do you guys think they can do it? Also just to pass Memphis they have to win 4 of 6 unless Memphis wins another game before end of season.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

The loss at Chicago really gave motivation to the team and JB. This team has turned a corner.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think they can do it. Will they do it is another question. Do they want to do it is another question. Should they do it is another question. Does Dwight even care to do it is another question. Does JB understand how to do it is another question.

Rockets certainly screwed themselves, without question.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Nook

Nook Member

The mission is to lose 6 of 6 and get this aborted abomination of a season over as soon as possible.

Why the hell would you want to be sweep by the Warriors or Spurs? I have no desire to see that punk Curry dropping 10 threes a game on Bickerstaff's worthless defense... and I also have no desire to see the Spurs up 35 while a bunch of no name white guys passing 40 times a possession while Howard has his thumb up his ass and Harden wanders in a mar1juana fog for three quarter.

Even Les stopped watching in November.

2 people like this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Unfortunately some recent wins probably mean we won't get in the top 10. Maybe we can get pick 12 though.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Win or lose, this team is very confident. Very confident. Very confident.

8. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

If you can't get to 6, you need to get to 9. A 4 game sweep will do nothing for this team, but a lottery pick will..

9. rockets13champs

We gotta win 6/6 imo

10. rockets13champs

I also thing portland will get 5 seed crazy how they remain same seed after losing their whole squad. If we win 6/6 we have a chance to get 6 seed. Ia

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Lose every game and get a higher lottery pick. They're not moving up to the 6th seed, so what's the point?

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Complete agreed. The Warriors are really hoping we end up with 8th seed. They can rest their starters and and wrap it up in 4 games. At least they would have to try with the Mavs.

Really though, Houston does not deserve to be in the playoffs ... much like half of the Eastern Conference in previous years.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I fully expect the Rockets to win 1 or 2 games against the Warriors when everyone's shot is on.

The Rox have been an enigma for years..... always winning couple of games as an underdog, but being not consistent enough to win a series against a stronger team (until last year which was just a lucky year so it seemed).

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stay calm. we will turn the corner.

[​IMG]

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm tired of this group overall, but I still think we're making the playoffs, even as an 8th seed.

And, as tough as it would be to beat GS, I'd rather our guys get more experience and a good dose of reality if it's meant to be.

I'll never be a fan/coach who is satisfied with losing or staying home from the next level of competition.

1 person likes this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

we're not making the playoffs this year. just end the season today... the team is already dialing it in.

17. basketballholic

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/gMcyj0smUpMpW" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/gMcyj0smUpMpW">via GIPHY</a></p>

18. omgTHEpotential

For the Rockets organization it's much better to miss the playoffs and get that 1st round pick back. I don't know how anynone can say that being swept in the first round can somehow be beneficial or motivate players. With that line of logic, they should get even more motivated by not making the playoffs at all.

1 person likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I can just imagine what Durant will be thinking if we don't make the playoffs vs something OP's winning out wish.

"Man, that team has no fire and just gave up. No thanks."

vs

"Man, that team still fights through adversity, and showed some spunk against the Spurs. Beasley and Harden looked focused and comfortable with each other. I should give them a visit."

1 person likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wins are directly proportional to how often Brewer plays if he plays more than 15 minutes we have a lower chance of winning.

DD