1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Minnesota's Rubio problem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Orange, Dec 29, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'll never forget this post from last year ... one of the funnies posts ever. How can you argue with this logic?

v-------READ POST --------v​
    Would love to see that adorable basketball mind in the OP vid with Coach Nick have a discussion with holic about that post on Rubion

Seerat Sohi

[​IMG]

#21 heypartner, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    Exiled and glenadyll like this.
  2. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

How can you argue with it? Good point. Definitely not worth arguing with.

Logic? Much more questionable.

BBH did make quite the bold claim there though. It really took some...balls.

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Wait so does he have the ball?

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's funny I don't see/hear jopat proclaiming Rubio's potential GOAT status this season any more. Has someone new replaced Rubio as Bballholic's basketball paramour?

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Yule

See

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

lol right I forgot about him being on Nerlen's Noels

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Holic's just biding his time. You'll see plenty of his posts about how we won't win a championship with Harden's turnover problem; this is generally code for, "Ricky Rubio shall save us because Morey wanted him in the draft."

8. basketballholic

I still like Rubio a lot and wished he were a Rocket. He's a great player playing with kids in a system not designed for his skills. They need to trade him. Because they don't want him. I said a month or so ago, long before the posted video, that mummy should trade him and Dunn both and give the keys to Jones. Because Rubio isn't going to fit what they want to do and Dunn is always going to be a high turnover mediocre shooting athletic point guard along the lines of Marcus Smart.

At this point I'm hoping the Spurs don't trade Danny Green and scraps for Rubio. Because Pops will know how to use him and he will make the Spurs very difficult to beat.

9. BackdoorHarden

Damn it. DON"T GIVE THE SPURS ANY IDEA> because you know Pop will use him right.

And then you have the Parker replacement. Remember, Parker couldn't shoot either but developed a mid range game and he'll end up going to the HOF despite not being able to shoot.

DON"T GIVE THE SPURS ANY IDEA

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

It's sucks when his team's Center has more handling skill than him ,3s% and D. ,he suffers from inferiority complex

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, now there is only Popovich who can use Rubio properly. He'll "give him the ball", amirite? Adelman wasn't good enough.

So predictable ,,, anyone have a

y a w n

emoji

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He's played professional basketball for over 10 years, this is his 6th season in the NBA and Rubio still hasn't cracked 40% from the field since coming across the pond. Years ago I remember there was a European member who said Rubio was way overhyped and not a good Euroleague player. The response from one or two Rubio fans was his "skills" were a better "fit" in the NBA. Oh brother!

"Bad fit" is the lamest and laziest excuse for why players fail. Never blame the obvious flaws; always cite the circumstances. Mentioning Pop as the solution proves what you are doing.

Rubio just isn't good enough to be a full-time facilitator at this level. He would be a dead weight next to Harden. You're either too stubborn to admit it or just too much in love with the guy.

TEXNIFICENT, Deckard and LAM like this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The difference between Rubio and other bad-shooting PGs like Rondo and younger Tony Parker is that Rubio sucks at even making layups. Rondo is pretty good at finishing and Tony Parker used to be elite at finishing around the rim especially considering his size.

Not being much of a scoring threat from anywhere on the floor does limit a coach's options for making use of him.

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Pop's room for guards that can't shoot from the outside or midrange:[​IMG]

TEXNIFICENT and Easy like this.
  15. steddinotayto

LOL.......just lol

No one can rehabilitate a career 37% shooter that also shoots a career 31% from behind the arc, not even Popovich. And to top it off, he's still owed almost $30 million for the next two seasons? He ain't never going to play for ANY Texas team much less the Spurs.

TEXNIFICENT and Deckard like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I remember watching film about the guy from his Euro career before he came over, and while highlights, he looked pretty impressive. What a massive disappointment in the NBA. I suppose an argument might be made that his near total lack of shooting from midrange and beyond might be offset to a degree by his passing and defense, but Rubio's inability to drive and make a layup, much less dunk (as Carl pointed out earlier), is a gift to defenses. Add the contract and I'd be shocked if Morey did the T-Puppies a favor and traded for him.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Just hilarious watching guards play 2 feet away from Rubio these days. How embarrassing for someone actually in the NBA lol

18. basketballholic

They're already considering it.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

1 point in 26 minutes.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

Wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs try to trade for him. Man, I'd love that.