1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Minnesota Vikings Management -- Classless

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by University Blue, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Nero

Nero Member

If you know anything about the history of minneapolis, it's par for the course up there.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

nice recall

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i don't have a problem with the pay-dock as much as i do the way they handled it. they sound like they're disappointed in his decision to attend the funeral and he has a greater responsibility to be with the team. unless i'm reading that wrong, that's just messed up.

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I thought most companies had a bereavement policy?

Nice move from an owner that claims to be making the image of the team more family friendly and wholesome.

5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Do you guys even know that he left for 9 days?

From Monday all the way through Sunday and missed the game. I think management owes him nothing if your gonna take a whole week off. 1 to 2 days is good enough for you to get everything done and comeback to play.

6. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

When your mom dies, make sure you only take 2 days off to arrange all your family oversea's and grieve for your mother.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure what you mean by that? I live in Minneapolis and I'm not aware of this as being standard practice for local sports teams or businesses.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Three if your brother is in dire shape as well.

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

What's your point man other than hoping my mom dies?

Look I sympathize with the guy for the loss of his grandma but he took off 9 days from work and expects them to pay him. I don't expect him to be like Bret Favre and come back to play after attending a funeral but that is long time if you think of it. People are crucifying Minnesota like they are heartless and evil when in fact their position is pretty understandable. In the real world I don't expect my boss to pay me for taking 9 days off to attend a family funeral. If it takes you a long time to grief then don't comeback and complain about not getting paid.

What is more important grieving your deceased grandma or money?

It's not like he got fired or something, just lost a paycheck cause he missed a game after leaving for more than 6 days.

10. updawg

updawg Member

I'd expect my boss to understand if I needed 9 days off for my mothers funeral, taking care of my brother, family arrangements.

Him being in the NFL is different though and that’s a little long. From a PR perspective, they are idiots

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I did not get "hoping" from his post. Dramatize much?

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just caught a local sportscaster talking about this story and the local media definately seems pretty sympathetic about Williamson's situation. It doesn't help that the Vikings are pretty crappy this season also.

13. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Everybody is dogging the Vikings organization.

14. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Yup, front page story of bspn.com right now....they'll revoke it soon enough.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Instead of deducting his game salary they should fine him 10K instead for not being with the team when they need him. That way the player only loses 10K and not 25K. The opposing team will fear the Vikings knowing that they fined someone for attending a funeral. But in actuality the player would be grateful for the fine, rather than the full game salary deduction.

Win-Win-Win.

16. Angle02

Angle02 Member

Well the Vikings somewhat saved face by giving his check back to him. I'm glad he's getting it back and cant believe the team would do that to one of their players. I'd say when his contract is up he'll remember this on deciding to stay or not.

17. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I remember when the Vikes let the clock run out on draftday 02(?) in order to try to pay their pick Kevin Williams less.

Pretty crappy organization it sounds...

BTW did they ever get the stadium approved for the Vikes? I remember all the time about rumors moving down south in SA. I havent heard them in a long time though...

Metrodome is pretty garbage

18. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Actually, I believe companies do have "personal days" for employees for those situation. Plus, most professional jobs have paid vacation days that can be switched around.

I know one of my co-worker just took off some time on a 5 minute notice for a family situation just like the one above. You'll have to push back some project a week, re-assign some work in the short term and he'll probably have to change his Christmas plans as he's using his vacation time early, but good companies that want to keep good employees will try to work things out.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I would fire the ass responsible. If he's family, I'd bury him somewhere useless.