1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Minnesota Riots [may 2020]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, May 28, 2020.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

absolute savages, it's shocking that so many people who behave like this exist

are we allowed to call them thugs?

if any of them get arrested, will Hollywood celebrities fund their bail?

davidio840 and bigtexxx like this.
  2. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nook likes this.
  4. Commodore

nothing peaceful about blocking access to a police precinct

5. Buck Turgidson

Oh go straight to hell.

Do Not Stop Go.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Isn't there a curfew?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

People born today instead of in the past. Well some of those people would be nazis or slave owners. Who knows who they would be. I know for damn sure it wouldn’t be me though. I’ve dated girls of every single race. I’ve had a ton of friends from every race. I’ve been jumped by 5 white guys when I was with a black friend of mine that was being called ni**er when he was kissing a girl at a party. I wasn’t going to leave my friend though. I’ve never said that word past the age 9-10 once I learned who I was and what kind of person I was and unlearned that’s from some of my family members (I met 7 of my great grandparents). But me being white I have been around enough white male conservatives in my life that let the word slip here or there. But then turn around and have black friends. It’s pathetic if you really think about. Just as racist black people are pathetic for generalizing all white people.

You know that i know that you know. But in this country the average foxnews viewer would be much more likely to be one of those nazis and/or slave owners if they were born earlier and were given the opportunity. You won’t admit it. But you know that’s true.

ps I bet you anything that you have let that word “slip” from time to time.

8. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

I bet it must be hard to go through life with all that hate in your heart

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t know who you’re referring too. But there are enough people in this country that never read a book even though they have free access to them. The ignorant masses are everywhere ( along with many people smarter than I) there is a very decent chance that in many ways bigtexxx is smarter than I am.) Regardless there is a reason you have Biden/Clinton//Trump as the last 3 candidates. There are a lot of lazy idiots in this country.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

People are out after the curfew. They were warned.

At some point, order has to be established.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol everyone "knows"

the quoting of mlk makes it mosty sad vs. cringe

i just wish it wasnt so predictable.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When the peaceful cries and protests have been ignored and even mocked by leadership this was bound to happen. Peaceful protests and outcries have been ignored.

So this was bound to happen. Hopefully these are growing pains to something better.

13. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I actually think Trump was on his way to a loss

All this chaos is not good for democrats whether it's fair or not.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Right now we are teetering on a quick dive into autocracy. I worry most about the next 6 months but no I don’t think yelling “no justice no peace” on Saturday’s at 2pm and going home to watch Netflix is going to make systematic change.

I do feel like violence is imminent at some point unfortunately. I just don’t want to give Trump and Barr the excuse right at this moment that we know they are dying to use to grab into the patriot act bag of legal weapons to get the autocratic power we know they want. I hope I’m overreacting but I just think that these next 6 months we are in serious jeopardy of losing our democracy.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Perhaps if you remember what led to the rise of Nazism, you could understand the position now. Regardless of belief, most of us are coming to understand MSM have become nothing but propaganda machines. No, its not fake news. Its not evil. Its powerful people on both sides using influence to push narratives. Perhaps we should stop blaming our fellow citizens for being victims to the bullshit. We should start holding everyone in power accountable, not just the cops and Trump.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If I truly felt that way, I would be packing my bags and leaving. Why are you still here?

davidio840 likes this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Give me a break SG.

I don’t need your patronizing bullsh$t tonight. Your gutless snarky whataboutism is so played out.

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

If you position yourself between the police and the protesters, you might just get hit by a rubber bullet or get some tear gas. Don’t be stupid. It’s almost like the press wants to get caught in the middle.

City and state officials made it clear that law enforcement was going to get serious tonight to prevent further looting and destruction.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Where are you condemning the violence and looting? You're cool with that? Your post is clearly rationalizing the violence and looting.

Is that truly the liberal position today? They're all good with violence against the police and looting (stealing) from stores?

How can you possibly justify that? Shame.

20. Commodore

send in the National Guard to occupy every single one of these Democrat-run cities and maintain order