1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Minnesota and PJ Tucker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pass_to_Hakeem, Jan 15, 2021.

1. pass_to_Hakeem

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Tilman: mmm...more expirings....

roslolian, dreamshakin, Bo6 and 10 others like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden and all these other stars, I agree, **** their demands/destinations but damn, at least send PJ to a contender.

Minnesota?

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Don’t disagree with trading Pj

but I’d rather not go with the 6’4” / 6’5” Tate as our leading prospect for being a 4 .

Can’t we try him as a 3 (defensively ) and bring in a bigger body to pair next to wood ?

I want Tate to learn how to shoot and continue to have 2/3/4 defensive versatility.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The Suns are such a logical landing spot for him.

He deserves better than Minnesota.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Oladipo/Tucker end up in Miami at the deadline. Butler is 31, they need to win now.

Dragic
    Oladipo
    Butler
    Tucker
    Bam

(Or you could throw Duncan in there - Scary)

Rafael going to empty some of his war chest for Tyler Herro. (Or MPJ)

Herro/Tate/Wood in a Silas system with a stack of picks is a sick rebuild. (Harden returning in 2023...) ;)

#6 RudyTBag, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Culver

Rudyc281, Lurch and Sojourner like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

great send back vanderbilt :D

Rudyc281, TEXNIFICENT and Spooner like this.
  9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Get Jarred Vanderbilt. He has a very small to non existent role in Minnesota when the team is healthy. He plays the same position as PJ which would make him completely obsolete. He's 21 years old. He's a per minute beast. He has great physical tools and plays very hard. I don't care if we have to add more with PJ. Get Jarred Vanderbilt.

Jarret Culver would be nice, but I don't see Minnesota parting with their recent 6 overall pick for PJ Tucker. Even if he's been underwhelming to say the least.

Another idea would be to route Rubio to a third team for a young asset if Minny would part ways with him around the deadline.

Get Jarred Vanderbilt. I don't care how you do it. Get Jarred Vanderbilt.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The most important thing about Jarred Vanderbilt is that he was born in Houston, TX.

Rudyc281, UTSA2step, Spooner and 3 others like this.
  11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Suns don’t have a pick to trade until 2024, so would have to be a prospect. Cameron Johnson?

Minnesota would likely be a prospect as well.

Denver could be a pick, as could Boston and Philly.

PJ fits on pretty much any team, which is why I don’t think we will have any issues getting a good deal for him.

12. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I don't see why we should trade him.
    I'm not for fully blowing the team up and want us to still be competing while we rebuild.
    PJ IMO is the right type of veteran leadership we need for our young pups.

Bo6, UTSA2step, ak99999 and 1 other person like this.
  13. finsraider

finsraider Member

So my hope is we can work extend and trades for both Oladipo and Tucker. If they are willing to commit to contracts, teams might be willing to give up more than they would otherwise.

Targets would be MPJ and Herro...doubt we can get either.

lilbird20, saleem and RudyTBag like this.
  14. SRR21

SRR21 Member

If mia wanted him they would have him. Mia is working on Beal.

15. pass_to_Hakeem

I see your point. I would only want to start Tate .......if this was indeed, the start of a rebuild. Let him start getting his experience in now. I should of said this originally.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. finsraider

finsraider Member

I never thought Miami had enough for Harden, but they might for Beal. Herro, Precious and 2 picks isn’t a bad haul. The problem for them will be Philly. Simmons + Maxey would be a very good offer for Beal.

Rudyc281 and lilbird20 like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Miami does make a lot of sense for both Dipo and PJ, but i still don't see Miami giving us Herro, more likely 1st, 2nd and Achiuwa, which would still be a good package imo, Achiuwa looks pretty good and has that Adebayo kind of wibe imo, not saying he's a similar player, Bam is a 4/5 and Achiuwa is more of a 3/4, but you get what i'm saying, nba ready body, smart player, does the right things and not the wrong things, plays with energy and under control, wouldn't be shocked if he ends up being one of the 7/8 best players taken in this last draft.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wanted to have PJ here since i first saw him play in Phoenix, i was literally happy yesterday when i saw him being excited after the win, going after Silas and hugging him, i just love PJ, so much that i hope he comes back here when he retires and becomes an assistant, just like i wanted Shane here for years...but at this point, we should just trade him, it's better for him and it's better for us since we're not going to resign him anyway, or better, he's not going to resign here anyway.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I see some of you guys mention Culver, his name suddenly came to my mind as soon as i read PJ/Minnesota, i have no idea of how much Minnie values him, his shooting and offensive game needs a big work but he's still young and i like his potential as a two way player, the Wolves have also plenty of young guards/wings to play and develop (Russell, Edwards, Beasley, Okogie, McDaniels) so, i wouldn't be shocked if they end up moving him for PJ before he starts looking like a bust, but i don't know what's better for us, take a flyer on a former top pick like Culver, or just get a mid/late 1st in the upcoming draft and have those two extra years of team control?

joshuaao, Rudyc281 and Plowman like this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tucker is expiring lol

roslolian, ArtV and saleem like this.