1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ming vs Odom

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MysticRyder, Jun 19, 2002.

1. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

Ming is an excellent shooter and can actually hit his free throws. He has very good movement for a big man. The most important thing about Ming is he will cause people to change their shots. Those that compare him to Shaq should remember that Ming will not face Shaq every day.

Odom can be a good shooter and get rebounds. The thing that bothers me about him is do the Rockets really need another I druggie. I would not give up a number 1 pick for Odom unless I was offered quite a bit more for him.

I will admit that Ming will probably take some time to learn the NBA style while Odom already knows it. So the real choice seems to be can we wait while Ming developes or take a chance on Odom actually quitting the drug habit.

I am more than willing to hear your ideas on this comparison. Oh and if you feel you need to respond no name calling please this is just an idea of one of many people here.
    :D :) :D ;) :p

#1 MysticRyder, Jun 19, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2002
  2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Not to mention that Ming is much easier to spell than Odom

3. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

4. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

I noticed that too LOL .

:D :) :D ;)

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

L AOM
    L OMA

Is that a word scramble

Rocket River :D

6. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Both would be good pick ups, but I think that in the long run Yao Ming will help the team more. Odom, Taylor, Moochie would love to be on the same team so they can smoke weed together. Odom might make us a play-off team but we might never get out of the first round. Yao Ming is going to be the 2nd best center in the league, behind Shaq. Tim Duncan will be are only competition once Shaq retires which will be pretty soon, I think he said he would retire and age 32. If we draft Yao Ming and keep are team together or atleast Steve Francis, Eddie Griffin, Cuttino Mobley, and Mo Taylor then I think with in the next 3 season we will win the NBA championship.

7. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

I think it is almost certain that the Rockets will get Yao Ming.
    I would highly doubt that they would trade the top pick in a deal for Lamar Odom. Doesn't seem too likely.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I agree with yah man