1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ming is 7-5 but he is really 6-8

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LEWIS LLOYD2, May 25, 2002.

Tags:
  1. junglerules

junglerules Member

This is awesome....I've never seen someone completely melt down and revert to infant mental stages on the internet before!

Quick, someone set up a web cam!!

ps you can make fun of my name, Lewis, it won't upset me....much:(

2. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

junglerules,

Your mama so fat she had to buy a new belt......its called the equator!

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Free post!

Sorry, I've never done that before, but it just seemed appropriate. In fact, as I look back on this thread, "free post" is probably the most intelligent line posted in this thread. It really makes me feel good to know I have improved this thread in tis way.

4. LEWIS LLOYD2

LEWIS LLOYD2 Member

junglerules, The only meltdown is in your brainframe, Put your bifocals on and read the post again.

5. Holden

Holden Member

im not here, this isnt happening...

THATS A RADIOHEAD SONG BABY!!!!

:(

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

7. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Lewis Lloyd,

the title of this thread shows why you have the same I.Q. as Mr. Cokehead himself.

Think about this:

If youre 7'5" and have the wingspan of a 6'8" player does that make you have the equivalent vertical reach as a person 6'8?

No. The person 7'5 would actually have a longer vertical just because his shoulders are higher than the 6'8" player. How do we know this? Ming can supposedly dunk a ball standing on his tiptoes, can a 6'8" player do this? No.

In other words if Ming and a 6'8 player stood side to side and both raised their arms, Ming would reach at least 4-5" higher therefore giving him a wingspan of someone 7' - 7'1".

Plus when youre driving to the paint and you actually see someone 7'5", you will alter your shot accordingly based on his height not necessarily his wingspan. His wingspan wil determine whether he can block that shot.

Ming may not block as many shots as a person with a 7'5" wingspan, but he will alter many shots because he is that height and will still block as many shots as most 7 footers.

Go find Mitchell Wiggins and light up some more crack.

#27 RIET, May 26, 2002
    Last edited: May 26, 2002
  8. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

LL2J (J=Jerk)

Give it up man! You are reading as such a tool!

Suck it up, apologize and move on. That is what being a man is all about. Stand tall and accept responsibility for saying something dumb and just drop it. Look, everyone sticks their foot in their mouth every once in a while. The trick is realizing when you do it and admitting you screwed up. Learn from it and keep on traveling your path. Dont' defend it, cover it up or become aggressive. Just drop it and walk.

Chill.......PEACE :cool:

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yup

"How to Disappear Completely" off "Kid A"....something this thread needs to do.:cool:

10. junglerules

junglerules Member

I've got my bifocals on...you know, the ones with the tape holding them together, the black frames, and the lenses thicker than rosie o' donnell at a donut shop, and your posts still don't make a DAMN bit of sense.

Now maybe, if I read your posts like an OP or doc rocket post, I can decipher some sort of hidden meaning.

Oooh, i've got it.

"First of all he has little arms that reduce his size immensely" = I'M AN IDIOT

and

"He is really a small forward if that." = I DON'T THINK BEFORE I SPEAK

and, finally,

"I just can't believe all this hype about someone who has done absolutely nothing. This is just as bad as picking some of these high school clowns." = WOULD YOU LIKE TO MEET MY FATHER, PETER VECSEY?

you ARE brilliant LLOYD! But i must take a little credit for decoding your cryptic posts....

:rolleyes:

11. LEWIS LLOYD2

LEWIS LLOYD2 Member

RIET, Newsflash I am not actually Lewis Lloyd, I thought I would let you know this because you are some fantasy world where you think someone with a ex players username is actually that person. It is funny when you have to revert to simpleton tactics of name calling because you I am right.

ROCKET!!, Get a grip you pathetic piece of dog **** Just because I dont agree with your point of view does mean I am this and that.

junglerules, Listen up **** face, Your stuff is old and played, Go read some other posts to steal your weak punchlines. Just because I dont agree with your futuristic star trek point of views does not mean I am this evil person you make me out to be.

Man I didnt know people were so insecure with themselves when someone did not agree with them, That just shows how pathetic people can be.

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Lewis,

Look at your posts, they are open warfare for the treatment you are receiving.

You have posted nothing with any worthwhile material in this thread and people are calling you on it.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, meaning until you realize the way to get people off your back here is actually post meaningful or insightful information you have no room to criticize those who are flaming you, unless you don't mind coming off as hypocritical.

Furthermore, fighting fire with fire is not the best strategy for reconcillation in most cases.

13. Major

Major Member

Man I didnt know people were so insecure with themselves when someone did not agree with them, That just shows how pathetic people can be.

These quotes actually demonstrate that quite well:

<I>ROCKET!!, Get a grip you pathetic piece of dog ****</I>

<I>junglerules, Listen up **** face,</I>

It seems that someone secure in themselves wouldn't resort to childishness. Oh well. :(

14. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Lewis Lloyd,

I find it funny that you did not adress the substantive part of my post.

If you believe that a 7'5" player with a 6'8" equivalent wing span has the same vertical reach as a 6'8" player, you are the STUPIDEST person on earth.

Like I said earlier,

Ming can touch the rim on his tiptoes, can a 6'8" player do that?

No because a 7'5" player's shoulders are at a higher starting point. Even assuming his wingspan is the equivalent of a 6'8" person, given his height, he would still have a vertical reach of at least a 7'1 " player.

Also, when someone drives to the paint, he will often alter his shot based on Yao's height, regardless of wingspan. That alone helps his defensive "presence".

Because of his 7'5 height, even with short arms, he has the reach equivalent of a 7'1 player.

You may not be Lewis Lloyd but Im sure you are his intellectual equivalent.

#34 RIET, May 26, 2002
  15. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Whether a man with the arms of a 5-8 guy makes him 5-8 means nothing: Yao's wingspan may not be impressive, but it at least measures out to the wingspan of a 7-1 or 7-2 man.

He wasn't a shotblocker at Loyola, but he completely threw Chris Christofferson's game off by just raising his arms. And Chris was listed at 7-2. He may get pushed around, he may be bullied, but he boasts twice the strength of Shawn Bradley, and I STILL think the Rockets would be foolish not to go after him.

I had a little lingering hangover, but reading this thread somehow made it go away...thanks!

16. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

LL2J

NICE!

And exactly when am I or anyone else supposed to take you seriously?

Baaaaaahahahahahaha!!!:rolleyes:

Junglerules,

I'm so disappointed you didn't respond to my dozn.

Considering the lameness of this thread, I was hoping to get a dozn-off going.

#36 ROCKET!!!, May 26, 2002
  17. junglerules

junglerules Member

ROCKET!!! - Yeah, true. But I lifted my signature from a ludacris song, so it's not like i'd be fighting with my own ammo. I might be able to hold my own, though...but probably not!

As for everyone goes, since i've obviously gotten under at least one person's respective skin, let me apologize for not agreeing with what you said originally, LL2. Rather than getting in on the razzing, I should've been as serious and as mature as this BBS should always demand of its members. I should've simply said, "LL2, I do not agree with your posts. I do not agree with them in a hat, I do not agree with them with a bat....," and so forth.

Major- I don't have any quibbles with LL2, actually. I simply didn't agree with his posts, and felt that they were inconsistent and not well thought out. But, instead of making fun in a silly kind of way, I guess I could've just sat back and laughed my butt off like most others chose to do. I guess I have faith in what I post, and it should have to stand on its own merit. If i post something crazy, then people DESERVE to crack on me all day and night. It's the risk I take actually posting in a public forum, rather than practicing a newsgroup at home with pets and my imaginary friends.

Anyway, if I made you mad, LL2, my bad. Don't take anything I wrote about you personally. I was criticizing the message, not the messenger.

And as for calling me "****face"- a couple of things i can go on that....

1) If the name has four stars in it, is it a compliment?
    2) Sounds like you might already know me too well....

Gotta go....Star Trek is on....This is the one in which Spock and that other guy fight the alien!!

18. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It is always entertaining to watch someone completely isolate themselves from the BBS, and then scream that the entire BBS is out to get them. And talk about the pot calling the kettle black, you say it's funny that someone reverts to name calling, then you turn around and call ROCKET!!, and junglerules names, and makes fun of Manny Ramirez name and call it stupid, even though it's the name of a multi-million dollar, multi-talented ATHLETE! You know, a real person? How mature is it to say that someone's real name is stupid?

<i>Man I didnt know people were so insecure with themselves when someone did not agree with them, That just shows how pathetic people can be.</i>

You talk about someone being insecure, yet you're the one who has completely melted down and one-by-one started trashing people.

19. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

heheh...

did anyone else lose it after reading this? A little Jerky Boys flashback...

20. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Free Post!

Now this thread is twice as intelligent. :D