1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Milos Teodosic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dora-akcay, May 10, 2010.

1. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

2. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

lol, for a good 3 point shooter he missed the only shot I've ever seen him take? The first pass was nice but I'm pretty sure most point guards in the nba can do a behind the back pass.......and there's no way he pulls off something like the second pass in our league, the NBA is too tall a league for that pass to make it, he won't have the same height advantage in the NBA so that will change the angling of a lot of his passes since he'll be a smaller player.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ricky is 19

This guy is 23.Not 22.

He got hot early in the game yesterday but If you aren't drafted by the time you're 23 in europe chances are you're not good enough for the NBA.

4. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I take it you are easily impressed.

5. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

You think that Rubio will play better in the NBA? No way.

6. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

Wow that's a big difference...

7. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

He became the Euroleague MVP and I'm easily impressed:confused:

8. REEKO_HTOWN

the difference I was pointing out is the 4 year age difference from Rubio :grin:

9. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

2004-05 Anthony Parker (Maccabi)
    2005-06 Anthony Parker (Maccabi)
    2006-07 Theo Papaloukas (CSKA)
    2007-08 Ramūnas Šiškauskas (CSKA)
    2008-09 Juan Carlos Navarro (Barcelona)
    2009-10 Miloš Teodosić (Olympiacos)

WOW! Very impressive list

10. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

11. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

These players are some of the greatest Eurpean players of all time and you showed us that you don't know **** about basketball. BASKETBALL IS NOT ONLY ABOUT NBA OR STREETBALL like in USA. I think you don't remember how Papaloukas kicked some American a$$ in 2006 World Championship ;)

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

so why are you here on an NBA team msg board?

13. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

And why are posting such a dumb question like this? If you read carefully I said that Basketball is not only NBA.Your question doesn't make sense at all.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

You are confusing me. You asked:

That makes me think that you wish the Rockets would bring him in to THE NBA and not Llull. Which I still say HELL NO the Dude Sucks.

15. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Isn't this thread about bringing him over to the NBA? And since when is posting youtube videos of Euroleague MVP's constitute basketball knowledge?

16. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I watch the final four game between Barca and Oly. Ricky just does not impress me. Sure his a decent player, but he is no where as good as his reputation says.

17. parmesh

parmesh Member

Why are there no videos of Sergio Llull passing?

18. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

*******, you are hopeless man. Good luck with Llull then...

19. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

Well, you are listing Euroleage MVP's such as Papaloukas, Parker, Siskauskas and saying that they are not good players. Don't make conclusions by yourself such as posting videos constitute basketball knowledge. If you know basketball, you should know that Europeans know basketball better than Americans. Be careful, I'm saying know, not play.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

We can call Teodosic’s regular season in the Euroleague a moderate success. Coming from a Balkan team to a wealthy powerhouse, to get playing time was the natural first goal, and he ended up averaging over 20 minutes per game, even close to the 30-minute mark in the last four, although injuries did help him to advance in the rotation.

When it comes to performance level, it hasn’t been an easy environment for Teodosic. Olympiacos is quite a mess this season. A top-4 team in Europe in terms of budget, they renewed its core again this past summer, coming up with a very talented, but highly inconsistent and not particularly team-oriented crop of players that perhaps lacked more blue collar and glue guys. In this context, Teodosic hasn’t been able to provide consistent leadership from the point guard position. First, because he rarely played as a real playmaker, but more as a combo guard, therefore not being able to completely take over the control of his team’s offense doing what he does best: to distribute the ball through his passing and scoring abilities, and to set the game tempo. Second, because he’s still a youngster on a star-loaded squad. Third, because he has struggled with one of his best weapons, his perimeter stroke (only 23.7% accuracy). On the defensive end, he himself has a fair share of responsibility with his team’s poor performance. He’s clearly not the most gifted player around on defense, given his limited lateral quickness, but he barely puts in any effort there.

If everything goes as expected, Teodosic is bound to become a European star. NBA-wise, he fills the bill for the skilled and unathletic Euro guard who struggles to make a transition to a physically very demanding league. Somebody might be interested in him in the second round, but that’s not even a given.

Taken from draft express.