1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miller and Miller

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ColomboLQ, Feb 9, 2008.

1. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

The only way to get Mike Miller is if Memphis is still interested in getting expiring contracts. If so, only Bonzi, Snyder, and Francis (with cash to pay for Francis's option) will work. Of course, Miller is now on record saying he would like to play in Dallas. Dallas could offer Memphis Stackhouse and George and also would be expiring contracts with no player options like what Francis has.

Philadelphia on the other hand is on record as saying they don't want expiring contracts anymore, and are looking to get young players in deals, and they are specially looking for a power forward. So looking into Andre Miller, we would have to offer Landry and hope that he would be the kind of power forward they would want (which for the record I don't think he would be). Also add Novak to replace Korver (and his defensive deficiencies wouldn't show as much in the east), Head (who comes cheaply and can shoot), and James (who has the same time on his contract as miller but less money). I don't think this will be enough to get Philadelphia to trade.

In other words, the only hope for the Rockets getting both Millers is:

M. Miller
    for
    Wells
    Francis
    Snyder

A. Miller
    for
    Landry
    Novak
    Head
    James

That would leave the Rockets with this team:

A. Miller
    TMac
    Battier
    Scola
    Yao

Alston
    Brooks
    M. Miller
    Hayes
    Mutombo

We would be infinitely better offensively, but our depth at the big man positions would be definitely hurt.

I think the M. Miller trade has a better chance of happening than the A. Miller trade, but even so, the odds of getting M. Miller here are not good. Looking at these scenarios objectively, I don't think we will see any moves that will impact this team for this year.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Three of the best teams in the East are strong defensively:

Boston
    Detroit
    Cleveland

While there isn't as much depth in the Eastern Conference, Novak's defensive liabilities will hold him back no matter where he plays in this league. He can't even squeeze into the rotation on a team with an offensive-minded coach and his defense isn't likely to improve much.

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I do not want to trade Landry!

He's a restricted free agent at the end of the year...

We need to match any offer he gets becuase he's a keeper!

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Then we can trade for Brad Miller, talk Reggie Miller out of retirement, and sign Pig Miller. We could put them all on the court at once and blow everyone's mind.

5. rocketsfaninsa

there's no way we trade landry, morey knows and we know he is the future at PF. scola will be good for a while, but Landry is fresh outta school and is 4 or 5 years younger. he is our future at that spot

6. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Miller Time??

7. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I am in favor of bringing in the Miller Boys, but not at the expensive of Carl Landry. He has shows too much athleticism, potential, and more importantly, the work ethic to become an star or even all-star in this league.

Furthermore, Bonzi is slowly becoming the beast that he unleashed on the Spurs two years ago in the playoffs and I am very hesitant to even let him go.

With that being said, James, Francis, Novak, Head, and maybe Hayes are all up for grabs. I have checked each of their contracts and they are all on equal or less time than the Miller Boys, so if we can entice the Grizz and 76ers with some picks, we should be able to put a decent to good offer for one or both of them.

8. Omer

Omer Member

[​IMG]

that works

9. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Thats the point. We are going to have to give up these guys at the very least to have a shot at either guy. Who would want to trade a good player to the rockets when all we would offer are James, Francis, Novak, Head or Hayes? What is the decent to good offer you see happening with these guys? And why would any team take said offer?

10. tsunami

tsunami Member

put in tmac....

11. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I see what you did there :D

12. blackistan

blackistan Member

I dont think we'll be trading landry anytime soon