1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Military State] Ferguson, MO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by percicles, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

Then when you see him sitting in a parking lot, you think to yourself "Look at that lazy ***** sitting there, not doing anything." When he enforces pedestrian law and the suspect attacks him, it's his fault.

It's ok though, I get it. It's a no win situation with the public, and I go out there each night knowing that. I also try to shed light on things when I can to show the public "why things are the way they are" every time I get a chance. There's a lot of misconceptions in law enforcement.

1 person likes this.
  2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Doing his job....

3. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

I have mixed feelings on the subject of "militarizing" our police. A frequent a lot of forums and it seems to be reoccurring argument. We don't want the police looking like they're walking the streets in Iraq. But the truth is, the police have heavy semi-auto firearms shot at them often. Shouldn't they be allowed to protect themselves? This is the question I always pose.

But when the public sees a botched search warrant where nothing is found, they want to scream that the police had MRAPs in the street and they were carrying ARs over their shoulder. That's because dope dealers use the same guns. But I agree, it does look bad to Joe Public and I get it. People start to worry when it looks like the Marines are on patrol in Fallujah on their street.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Here is some police expertise for you lol!

Wrong!

Doesn't exist! GTFO!

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree with everything you said there. I believe I tried to convey thoughts very similar to yours in my two posts I made in this thread.

6. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

You too, are trying too hard. Everyone here knows how cool you are already.

The statistic from the ALEERT training (which puts us through real life shooting scenarios) claims that fact. Do some googling.

I do claim to be a police expert, namely in DWI investigations. :) Police work is in itself mostly verbal work and preparing reports. A very small portion is firearms. I never said to be a rifle expert. I'm a duck hunter from a young age and am very knowledgable about shotguns. I know a little about pistols and not much at all about rifles. Never shot an AK and have only seen a couple of them.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, you know, if the criminal is driving an armored personal carrier, or manning an AA gun, that's close to (but not exactly) an Oerlikon or a Bofors. :)

Criminals use those as concealed weapons, right?

8. Remii

Remii Member

All of your post have been basically justifying the officer killing Brown but not once have you gave a suggestion on how Brown being gun down could have been avoided...
    Do you even have one...???
    And that's the problem with having cops like you on the streets (if you really are one). Your only concern is self preservation.

That's why all civilians of all colors are not only going to have to worry about criminals, but some of you trigger happy cops out there as well.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

his job isn't to harass people in the street

10. The Law

The Law Member

I think the issue I take with some of the post on here is the comparison from one shooting to another (and I am at fault here too, as I used my one experience as an exam--(
    escalated to deadly force, ect. because the parameters to each officer involved shooting is quite different.

I understand to an extent most of your negative biases to my profession, because everyone has had a negative experience with a police officer, myself included.

I'm not trying to change any opinion on this board, I am just merely giving a different perspective and a little insight into how we train, how we conduct investigations and so on. However, I do believe an open dialog between two individuals of differing opinions is good and helps everyone understand a bit of what the other side believes.

1 person likes this.
  11. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

I've had thousands of citizen contacts and have never had to kill someone. Brown was his own worst enemy. The bottom line is, we don't know what happened so there's NO ONE who can accurately comment on how Brown's life could have been saved. It's no one's fault the officer's face got smashed except Brown's. To say it's the officer's fault because he was doing his job, is, indescribable.

Is doing his job = harassing people? Help me out here. Again, you don't know if the officer was being a dick or was as polite as possible.

Great post

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

13. Remii

Remii Member

You say "we don't know what happened" and then you bring up Officer Wilson's face being smashed in when there's no proof of that. You're stuck on trying to justify the shooting of Brown but you're still unable to come up with a solution where possibly no one would have got shot.

You can't even come up with something as simple as Officer Wilson could have waited on backup instead of trying to get physical with two individuals, one of which who was twice his size.

14. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

If I were any more Caucasian, I would be translucent.

15. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

I think that based on the current information we can say that the officer's face was damaged. I'm going off of known facts, which little are know at this time.

Could he have called a time out while the defendant was running toward him? It's not practical to call for backup while dealing with an on view offense, unless stuff is going downhill quick. Even in this town where I work, which is over 100,000 people and we have less than 15 officers working at a time normally, if I call for back up on the radio it's gonna take at least 60 seconds for someone to get to me.

16. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

They just showed video on CNN about that guy with knife yesterday, dude was shot from yards away, he never charged at officers, like they said he did........

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to say something that I think everybody will hate - pro police types because it is the exact opposite of what the police want to project as their image, and anti police types, because they simply don't like what it means.

Metaphorically speaking, people who can do the job of police officers are like the guard dogs on the farm who are trained to keep wild wolves out of the hen house. It truth, the wolf and the guard dog have a lot in common in terms of an ability to resort to violence. The difference between the two comes down to training and discipline.

If the complaint is that police respond to violence with violence, that is a necessary part of their nature. If you take a rabbit and try to train him to protect the hen house, he will be very sweet and good natured as the hens get eaten.

Fundamentally, i order to create a guard dog, you have to start with the genes of a wolf, and mold it's wolf tendencies in ways that benefit you.

I think that there is a general expectation that the guard dog should be able to morph into a bunny rabbit and back at will. Even the police would like to think this is true. You can try as hard as you like, and get real close, but if you don't have the wolf aspect in there somewhere, you can't do the job.

Now you can argue here that the dog went wild and started eating the chickens. The details of this specific case are up for debate. But in general terms, no matter how you slice it, if you want to protect the hen house, you need the wolf genes in there somewhere that will resort to violence to protect the pack. It is distasteful but unavoidable. To do the job you need an animal that will respond to violence with violence.

It would be great if you could create a perfect animal that could flip it on or off entirely at the farmers discretion, but such a creature doesn't exist in nature. Violence is a necessary aspect of any guard animal, and that violence isn't completely controllable. If you tease a guard dog, you do so at your own risk.

What I'm trying to say is even if you hate dogs, you should treat them with the respect you would show anything that bites, out of a sense of self preservation.

#837 Ottomaton, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Law is 21 feet based on the Tueller Drill. You might want to do some research before having your opinions. Most of your opinions are completely uneducated and therefore worthless.

1 person likes this.
  19. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Well they clearly siad yesterday that he was charging at officers with deadly weapon if i remember correctly, that was a lie. Watch the video

20. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I don't know why everybody trippin. Police just doing their jobs. Its summertime, police sposed to be killing people. Havent read the whole thread...anybody in here kkk'ing it up besides bigtexx? Cz I know he in here deep at some point on one of these pages lol