1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Vick Indicted

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by MadMax, Jul 17, 2007.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

A shooting is a shooting, no doubt. But dogfighting is a LOT worse than the term implies. I'm definitely not an animal rights activist or anything close, but dogfighting is sadistic and perverted.

I'm so disappointed in Vick. I had him high on my pedestal a few years ago. Various things have happened over the years to chip away at how I felt about him but this blows everything else away by a mile. I'm a cynic by nature but for some reason I thought (or just hoped) he was a decent guy who could radically change the QB position in the NFL. Then I figured out he was a bad passer. Then the off the field issues come to light.

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

that b*stard!

3. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Personally, I hope Vick gets jailtime and tossed out of the league for this. Did he need the money? No, he has millions. Did he do it because of a gambling problem? Doubtful, otherwise, why not just go to Vegas? He can afford it. No, he did this just for the sheer cruelty. Because he gets his jollies by torturing and killing dogs. And make no mistake, he's just as responsible for the death of those animals, whether or not he pulled the trigger himself.

What a b@stard. :mad:

4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

true, but you have to realize this is a very serious crime. Its at the federal level, not only that...but Goodell is trying to protect the image of the NFL, Vick is one of the biggest superstars in the game...this is going to bring lots of negative attention towards the NFL. People thought pacman jones coverage was ridiculous, wait a few more days this thing is going to get absurd.

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

ehh i figured he had some kind of dumb@ass in him, just by seeing how classless his little bro was at VT. I knew he would show signs of it at some point.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Totally inexcusable. I used to like the guy but not after reading this. There are no such things as bad dogs, only bad dog owners and it is pretty apparent that Vick is as bad as a dog owner as you would find. Anything else I would say about him would probably be censored and possibly get me banned from this place.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

isnt a federal crime once you cross state lines? thats when it becomes more serious with drugs as well as this case...

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

The fact that we have such a federal law, and that the FBI feels it necessary to conduct big investigations to enforce that law, which has been handled perfectly well by state and local governments for over a century, is Exhibit # 10,000,000,000,001 that we have too much centralized power in this country.

#28 weslinder, Jul 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  9. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Guilty already I see.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I predict he gets a six game suspension.

11. JustWin

JustWin Contributing Member

The courtroom is where famous football players like O.J. Simpson are judged. This message board is real people, not the courtroom.

12. Major

Major Member

Certainly - but he hasn't been convicted. With the others, there was an established pattern of behavior. Without that pattern to point to, it's much harder to put a multi-million dollar suspension on someone without a conviction of some sort. Goodell has stated the reason he didn't wait for the legal process to play out in cases like Pacman Jones is the pattern.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=195897

Goodell is telling players and teams he no longer will wait, as has been the pattern in the past, until all criminal charges have been resolved in individual cases. He will punish repeat offenders of the code of conduct sooner rather than later.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think he'll definitely receive a suspension, I like vick, I don't care about dogs, but it is in the very least stupid to have this on a property in your name. I doubt he'll be convicted. but we'll see.

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ProFootballTalk.com has been all over this story from jump start.

The local prosecutor has been dragging his feet on investigating Vick since this stuff first came to light. He obviously doesn't want Vick indicted; you'd think he was Vick's defense attorney. He even blocked a search warrant to the locals wanted so they could search for dog carcasses Vick's property.

Since the feds jumped in to do the job he was refusing to do, the local DA has been extra-pissy . Check ProFootballTalk for the nitty-gritty.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

prosecutors don't like other prosecutors taking their cases, at least that's what I learned from jack mccoy.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

and they don't like their local star quarterback being taken down.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah you're right, local star celebs are never take down

signed

calvin murphy

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

mike vick doesn't play football in virginia. the notion that a local prosecutor is trying to protect the guy is pretty ridiculous given the recent slate of nfl star/law enforcenment run-ins. these prosecutors make their names taking down big fish

ask rudy giuliani

19. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Yeah he was like a supernova! :rolleyes:

20. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, explain that to Poindexter. Dude was vocal in the media about not prosecuting Vick well before the feds got involved. His level of pissiness only increased since their involvement. Also, supposedly, dog fighting cases tend to die on Poindexter's desk, fwiw.

In this case, Poindexter has been the anti-Nifong.