1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Tyson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Awesome, Aug 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Awesome

Awesome Member

Mike Tyson Admits He's 'Been Lying About Being Sober', That He's ‘On The Verge Of Dying'
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nIDI1DxUXtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Awesome

Awesome Member

3. yo

yo Contributing Member

I don't know if I'm going on a tangent here, but lately, my thoughts have centered around how different the hands we are dealt. Tyson was apart of a demographic that was born into poverty, crime and brokenness. And it wasn't his fault. Yes, he has done a lot of terrible things, but would I have done any different had I been dealt his hand? I just feel awful for him. I see him and truly believe he's trying to get fix things and get it together, but so much damage has already been done that I honestly don't know if he's ever going to get there. He needs to be surrounded by positive people 24/7 and that's hard to come by, unfortunately.

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Here's a nicer video, of Mike playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! for the first time.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/E50sUAMRH0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He was good in Hangover.

6. Awesome

Awesome Member

As long as you're alive its never too late if you really want to change.

The problem with alot of people is they choose to get stuck in their ways and choose their path... that's something I never understood. None of us ever reach the point where we are perfect yet there are some perfectly content with stopping at some point and deciding that's the best they want to be (although its usually a stubborn or prideful part of life for them).

I do think Tyson needs some help, im just wondering where are the people who have access to him at?

Also crazy how he never saw his own game from back in the what 80s?

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This makes me sad. Mike has some real demons :(

My favorite boxer of all time with Duran.

8. the shark

the shark Member

Hopefully he can get it together

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Wow. I wonder how often Mike Tyson has broken down like that.

I truly believe he can right his wrongs if he truly is determined.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yeah, he was a wife-beating, ear-biting rapist in the early '90s; figured there was something behind the scenes mellowing him out.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Personal problems outside the ring aside, he's my favorite boxer of all times. ALL TIMES.

I wish someone like him would come again to the world of heavy weight boxing. I can watch those Tyson KO videos all day.

12. dragician

dragician Member

watching his best hits recently, he really looked like a very decent and classy guy. i wondered what or who tranformed him into an animal late in his career. could be don king or his wife.... hmmmn.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Yeah, if you get a tattoo like that on your face, you're not sober. Plain and simple.

Hopefully he finds a way to function before it's too late. Addiction to drugs/booze/drank is a tough life, i'd imagine.

14. da1

da1 Member

No proof of wife beating and rape. Just allegations from gold diggers.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Actually King probably kept Tyson from being a thief or enforcer of some kind; Givens gave him a reason to stay home every once in awhile and probably prevented an STD or an earlier rape charge.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yeah, I keep thinking of all the times George Soros and Larry Ellison are accused of rape and spousal abuse, especially by those gold-digging medical examiners.

17. da1

da1 Member

Sorry but you're clueless on this subject. Don King is one of the most evil people that walks the planet. He screwed over every single one of his fighters, to this day he still does. Givens was a gold digging B**** that screwed Mike over for his hard earned money and made him look like the bad guy.

18. da1

da1 Member

The rape charge was bogus. I suggest you do more research on this. He committed a lot of crimes but rape wasn't one of them.

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Actually things went downhill once he signed on with Don King. The worst thing that happened to him was Cus D'Amato passing away, as he was the hard-ass father figure Mike needed as a young man (ex-thug).

Givens was just a pathetic gold digger using him for publicity.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

He was responsible for all his own decisions. No one held a gun to his head. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Stop blaming others for mistakes you make. :eek: Own up your stuff. It is good to see him actually say those words he said OUT LOUD and for him to acknowledge it to himself. He choked up.

BRAVO, Mike.
    And beating her up was the way to fix that. Right. :rolleyes: