1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Scotto: Rockets will shop the No. 3 overall pick ahead of the draft in hopes of landing a star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 28, 2024.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Probably their 2 lottery picks(7-14).

Jontro and mulletman like this.
  2. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Why is that disturbing? Jabari has been very underwhelming to this point. Alpi should be the only untouchable on the roster.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We have a bad habit of giving up on players after only a couple of seasons. Jabari, Jalen and Amen will be better this upcoming season.

Bo6, Rudyc281, cbass and 4 others like this.
  4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So like the equivalent of say 12 and 20 in Jabari's draft?.. Hard pass from me. Jabari's already a solid starter, these guys all project as roleplayers.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I agree. We all forget that Jabari has become somewhat of a late game 3pt shot maker and he will only get better.

roslolian likes this.
  6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Yeah, I would pass on trading Jabari to Blazers.
    They would have to send Grant, Scoot, Sharpe, & Murray to begin the convo IMHO

Yeah, that's alot... but that's what I would ask for to begin the convo.

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Delete

Jontro likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

We already have Jalen Green. We dont need to pay additional resources unlike other prospects where there is a cost to acquire them.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

All those guys suck ass. Theyd have to send us lots of unprotected picks and swaps to start the convo.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Underwhelming? How has he been underwhelming? Dude has been great this season nobody was just passing him the ball and even then he didnt complain just put his head down and kept working.

I dont believe in any player being untouchable but the price for the core 6 should be sky high.

No Worries, HD729 and coachbadlee like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Jabari is a 6’11 Risacher. How stupid to trade that. Big man entering his 3rd season, usually when they start to “get it”.

If Jabari improves as much this summer as he did last summer, we’re never gonna wanna trade him. He’s a perfect fit with whoever emerges from the core.

Phillyrocket, clos4life, Bo6 and 6 others like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I was hoping for more from Jabari, but Portland doesn't have a single player on the roster I would trade Bari for lol. And I think Bari is maybe the 5th best player on the Rockets as of now, at best :D.

couple of d's likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In Udoka We Trust

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

they're more likely to get jalen smith than jabari smith if that's the offer.

15. raining threes

I'm not following you, if you think Green is going to remain inconsistent then you move on as quickly as you can. If you think he can gain some form of consistency then you hold onto him. He does have the talent to be really good, will he get there, who knows.

16. raining threes

Some of this was because they played a bunch of the bottom feeders in the NBA. When they started playing the good teams that the needed to beat to make the playoffs Jalen went back to his inconsistent ways.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Just because Portland wants somebody wants someone it doesn’t mean we will bite. Jabari is nearly untouchable given his youth and progression. 5th in Pf rebounding, great defense, and improving 3 pt shooter, a gym rat, and the frame to put on a lot of muscle. What’s not to love? Jabari is going to be the best player in that draft. Banchero is way over-rated.

Phillyrocket, Shark44 and coachbadlee like this.
  18. raining threes

If I told you Sheppard would be as good as Mike Conley would y'all think he would be worth the 3rd pick in the draft?

19. raining threes

Bottom line is if Green cant become more consistent they need to move on from him. Personally I think he will become more consistent because if he's going to get paid he needs to become more consistent.

Plowman likes this.
  20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Teams that Jalen Green has scored over 30 pts with over 50% fg and over 40% from 3 against in a game in his 3 years so far:

Brooklyn
    Boston
    San Antonio
    Lakers
    Cleveland
    Milwaukee
    Detroit
    Memphis
    New Orleans
    Orlando
    Sacramento
    Charlotte
    Minnesota
    Washington
    Utah
    OKC
    Phoenix
    Philadelphia
    Indiana

I mean, feel free to find me all the other players who've done it against more teams in their first 3 years. I'd hazard the list isn't that long, and most of them are probably HOF bound or there already.