1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mike & Mike ESPN] Jon Barry Says Rockets Still Interested in Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketFan96, Jun 13, 2011.

1. AggieRocketFan96

Small blurb from Barry on Mike and Mike today. Says he has heard that Rockets are still interested in Bosh for some of their players to include Scola. Believes new collective bargaining agreement may force Heat to give up on of the big 3. This was in response to a question posed to him about Heat possibly giving up 1 of the big 3 for future trade for Dwight Howard or Chris Paul.

Probably Barry regurgitating old news but just passing what he said.

2. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Yeah Heard that also. Would only do it for scola not for scola and lowry/Pat.

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Heard that too, he was probably confused, thinking the Bill Simmons quip was actually a scoop.

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Funny thing is....Bosh was more valuable in the Finals than "LeChoke".

5. Pringles

Pringles Member

6. DumDaDumDum

DumDaDumDum Member

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If it is for a aging Scola more like hell yeah.

Scola is not better than Bosh, he just isn't. Sure you'll have to look at the contract and what not but he'd be a major piece to the team and I think the hard working non-stop never say die attitude of Chuck and Lowry would rub off on him.

8. tested911

tested911 Member

I say do it because he's the closest to a Tier 1 star we are ever going to get.. If you can keep Martin,Lowry with Bosh that would be a much better CORE than what we have now..

It's about building a Championship team and not a 1st round Playoff team.

Bosh gets a lot of bashing on this board but he is still an exceptional player and can be better on this team... Look what he has done so far with Lebron and Wade taking away his touches.

I LOVE PAT PAT but I know it's going to take at least Pat,Scola,Dragic,Money,Pics,3rd Team for any trades to take place for Bosh..

9. Defy9

Defy9 Member

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2--uG4QMlA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  10. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

You only pay max money to stars.

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

That's way too much to give up for Bosh.

He's not a guy you gut your team for.

I honestly don't want him on this team. I just don't.

He's not worth the contract he got and he'd be owed even more money once traded thanks to his 15% trade kicker.

1 person likes this.
  12. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

im pretty sure that bosh was the most consistant player on that heat team and there is no way the heat would of made it to the finals without chris bosh.. his jump shot is ridiculous!!!

13. tested911

tested911 Member

All of it wouldn't go to the Heat because a 3rd team would need to be involved and we would take back some Assets other than Bosh..

I'm pretty sure Morey is still interested in Bosh.. If the status Quo (borderline playoff team ) is going to remain then you have to trade for a Tier 1 star.. We are never going to acquire a Tier 1 talent through the Draft...

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Assuming the Rockets aren't going to tank, I don't see any reason why Scola/Patterson/Lowry is so out of the question.

Bosh himself basically replaces Scola and Patterson. The former is an old vet who is a lesser player than Bosh. And Patterson isn't going to develop in a place where he has an all-star in front of him.

So it comes down to Lowry. Basically, how irreplacable the Rockets find Lowry to be. There are two ways to think about this. One is the possibility of CP3 or DWill coming(if the Rockets have some under the table talks). The other is simply how confident Morey is at pulling another "Rafer for Lowry" type of a deal. Or even perhaps he may feel Dragic/Llul/1st round pick this year can make it work.

I know Rockets fans think Lowry is going to be the next big thing, but young players aren't automatically going to keep improving. Aaron Brooks is a good example of this. No matter how much I love Lowry, if he's replacable, then I don't mind seeing him leave for a better player.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Huh? The draft is the best way to get a star....all it takes is for the Rockets to just lose a few games...like 50 or so...

16. tested911

tested911 Member

Uhhh you forgot the sentence before that..

"If the status Quo (borderline playoff team ) is going to remain then you have to trade for a Tier 1 star" This team will never go to tank mode so forget the picks 1-7

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if we still had adelman, i would still get bosh with the quickness. but mchale? ehh

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

People can rag on Bosh all they want, but he is a really good player. I'd give up pretty much any player but Martin.

Ideally something like Dragic/Scola/Hill but it would probably cost you Lowry.

19. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Scola and Bosh both have no defense...so i'll take the one with lesser salary.

20. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Bosh isn't a Tier 1 talent.

And please poeple stop with this Lowry/Patterson/Scola nonsense.

It's awful for the Rockets, even if you really like Bosh.