1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Kahn grades the Rockets' summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NJRockFan, Aug 12, 2004.

1. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

Houston Rockets: Although they gave up a lot -- Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato -- the Rockets now have Tracy McGrady. Package that with blossoming Yao Ming and the rest of the crew, the Rockets are looking up. It's hard to fathom that they didn't sign Derek Fisher, but that just prevents a perfect summer. Grade: A-minus

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7552890

2. roswell raygun

It's hard for me to fathom that a professional NBA writer would advocate breaking the bank for Derek Fisher. Maybe we should run our team more like the Golden State Warriors.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think I saw that article last week. It was written before we got Sura and Ward. And those writers NEVER take into account the business of basketball. They could care less if someone broke the bank for someone. They only write about the talent level. Not talent vs. value. Nevertheless, I think A- is a fair grade. The Tmac deal was a slam dunk. The PG/C situation is still uncertain. Sura and Ward might be good pickups but tough to tell. I like the Sura addition more than Ward. If we traded Lue for Antonio Daniels I would love it. Would love to have Daniels at PG with Ward as the backup and Sura the backup combo guard off the bench.

4. drpepper

drpepper Member

I really think Daniels is overrated. Why would Seattle be looking to move him. I remember him in SA as a 2 and he was awlful.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think Seattle wants to move him because they want to promote Ridnour to starter and are looking for a backup caliber player at PG. Daniels is starter material. Perhaps they feel he wont be too happy riding the bench in his contract year when he has proven he can be a starting caliber PG in this league. I am not saying he is the greatest. But I like the idea of Daniels/Ward at PG over Ward/Lue.

6. xcharged

xcharged Member

[​IMG]

He's Laotion...aren't ya mister Kahn.