1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike James, Steve Francis >>> Rafer Alston, Luther Head

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MeatAndPotatoes, Feb 4, 2008.

1. MeatAndPotatoes

Mike james could really make us better team in the playoffs, but he still hasn't even been given a chance to be in the rotation. He should have been given a chance, but the proven-unreliable luther head gets the place over mike james. James has not had one chance this entire season to really prove himself. Just like francis. It really takes a good whole game or two just to get your feet wet, then adelman can make some decisions, but he didn't even let james or francis get comfortable in any way, or let them make-up for some of their bad plays, when we all know they are better than what they've done so far.

Mike james washed up already? How the hell would we know? His energy and physical abilities still look great. Only playing-time will get this man back into his game again.

Yet, adelman sticks with rafer and head.

We all know what rafer, and especially head gives us in the playoffs....
    [​IMG]

2. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

could could could could

We are in the heat of a playoff race now is not the time to experiment.

3. MeatAndPotatoes

it's just a damn shame that James never never got a real chance to produce on this team.

Mike James >>>>>> Luther Head [​IMG] !

Steve Francis and Rafer Alston, that could have gone either way, but i still think Stevie could have done alot better than Rafer when he was healthy. Maybe he wouldn't have been as good as Rafer turned out to be, but Rafer did not deserve all the extra chances he got at the beginning of the season when he was playing plain horribly.

I really hope Stevie comes back to this team sooner or later and gets a chance to prove himself atleast. He has potential to be better than any of our other PGs.

Mike James is healthy though, and it really ticks me off when i think that Luther Head is above him in the rotation.

4. levintblack

Like I've said he should have gotten more of a look but come on he's shooting just 35.3% this year. Meanwhile Head is shooting 35.6% from 3-pt land. Also last year James averaged a whopping 3.6 assists as a starter with KG as a teammate. I've always thought (his numbers back it up) he is a SG who get's stuck as a PG. He's a good shooter but doesn't see passing lanes that well. He plays PG because he can dribble really well but just doesn't see passing lanes.

5. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Are you joking? How do we know? They got their chance and look at our record. This isn't the start of the season. James and Francis have gotten more than a fair chance to produce. Why bring this up, when the last game Head and Alston played together they did well. Head went for 20 for god sakes. What do you want from him? We're on a role, not the time to experiment. Whats the point of giving him another chance if we don't make the playoffs.

6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Mike James got some games to prove himself, and probably a lot of scrimmages too. He basically played his way to the bench. There was a stretch where he couldn't hit the side of a barn, and he wasn't meshing well with the system. Luther beat him out, plain and simple.

Francis is injured.

MJ gets another chance to crack the rotation with the injury to Head, but unless he's gotten significantly better or has finally learned to integrate himself within the system, I don't see him staying there long. As many posters have noted, MJ in JVG's system would have been ideal. He doesn't seem to be able to grasp Adelman's system.

7. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

cuz come playofftime we are going to lose with 2 nbda guards crashing our ship into the red barren sea of poor lottery draft pick

8. Seven

How do you know we will make the playoffs with Francis and James?

9. sbin

sbin Member

yes, Mike James, Steve Francis >>> Rafer Alston, Luther Head

a couple of years ago

10. Seven

Sbin summed it up right there.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

12. levintblack

Yeah they're nbdL players alright that would mean Steve (i actually still really like him) and James are European League players.

Take the blinders off or shutup ... better yet do both.

13. landoo

landoo Member

MJ and SF3 will take important part in the playoff....
    Let's wait and see...

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong

Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong

Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong

Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong

You're Wrong

You're Wrong

You're Wrong

You're Wrong

15. dionysus180

dionysus180 Member

maybe time will tell us everything

16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Since I'm bored, I figured I'd show you just how wrong you are. Mike James got PLENTY of time to prove himself. In looking at his number, on paper they don't seem as bad as I remember. HOWEVER, our record by mid December was crap. When James did play over 20 minutes, he regularly took well over 10 shots! :eek: That's not how Rick runs his offense. Once Rick stopped playing James and Francis, I'd bet we've been playing nearly .600 ball.

Steve still is fighting bad knees which is partly why he hasn't played much. That said, Steve also was given a chance including two STARTS! The man was just a shell out there.

So give the Mike James/Steve Francis crap a rest. They were awful.

11/1: Mike James 25minutes 3/6
    11/3: Mike James 24 minutes 5/14
    11/5: Mike James 26 minutes 4/13
    11/6: Mike James 20 minutes 4/12
    11/9: Mike James 21 min 2/10
    11/11: Mike James 22 min 1/5
    11/13: Mike James 28 min 4/12
    11/14: Mike James 20 min 2/10
    11/16: Mike James 24 min 5/10
    11/17: Mike James 25 min 6/12
    11/21: Mike James 16 min 2/6
    11/23: Mike James 17 min 3/8

11/24:
    Mike James 21 min 4/12
    Steve Francis 20 min 4/9

11/26:
    Mike James 7 min 1/4
    Steve Francis 8 min 0/1

11/28:
    Mike James 17 min 2/4
    Steve Francis 27 min 4/8

11/29:
    Mike James 25 min 8/14
    Steve Francis 28 min 3/5

12/1: Mike James 16 min 2/6

12/5:
    Mike James 5 min 0/5
    Steve Francis 10 min 1/3

12/7:
    Mike James 12 min 2/4
    Steve Francis 17 min 1/5

12/9: Steve Francis (STARTED) 31 min 2/4
    Mike James 17 min 1/6

12/10 Steve Francis (STARTED) 10 min 0/3
    Mike James 29 min 5/13

12/12:
    Mike James DNP
    Steve Francis DNP

17. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Mike James off of our bench in 04-05 was instant offense. He proved himself by going in when Tracy was out and hitting shots. He's been given the chance to do that. He is a black hole in our offense. The ball goes to him and never comes out. That's ok if he is hitting shots, but . . . .

If Mike James cannot hit a jumpshot, he is worthless.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

why are they using a lighter w/ a pot leaf on it to smoke crack? not cool. that is a real faux-pas which would have gotten one quite a ribbing with my group of crack-head friends. could you just imagine hanging out with your buddies on a wednesday morning, stuffing some brillo pad down a glass pipe, loading up a nice round crack rock and your friend has the audacity to bust out a lighter with a POT LEAF?!!! :mad:

and you steve-o and mj supporters are delusional. they had their chances and couldnt cut the mustard. hell, they both sucked it up so hard that aaron brooks was able to get a shot (and capitalize on it!).

i honestly thought mike james would be a 6th man type who could give us 10-12 a game, but i was right all along about steve-o. he is done and even if he wasnt, his style of play is all wrong for an adelman team.

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Ummm, we are in the midst of playing very well, probably not a good time to make a major lineup change.

And I think MJ is gonna get Luther's minutes while he is out

20. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

I think James could be an important guy come playoff time because he can still create his own shot. Now making that shot is a different story atleast until this point, and I really hope he can fix that because I have a feeling he will be a Rocket for some time. As far as Steve, I think he is done.