1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike D'Antoni on All-Star Selection

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jonhty, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

Sacramento center Brad Miller apparently was hurt by Western Conference coaches' filling in Stoudemire -- who starts at power forward for Phoenix -- as a center. Coaches were required to select two guards, two forwards, one center and two other players regardless of position. They could not vote for their own players.

The Kings have three other players with 11 combined previous All-Star appearances -- Chris Webber, Peja Stojakovic and Mike Bibby -- who were left off this year's team.

``I'm sure Bibby and Webber deserved consideration, and Brad Miller's playing unbelievable. ``They've got a lot of guys to pick from, but they don't have that ONE guy,'' said Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni, who found fault with the fans' balloting choices. ``I don't want to offend anyone, but some starters shouldn't be on there.''

Said Bibby: ``Seven years in and I haven't made it. There's nothing I can do. You can't get mad about something you don't expect to happen, and I didn't expect it to happen.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...--?slug=ap-all-starreserves&prov=ap&type=lgns

--------------------------------------------------------------------

given the context, is he referring to Yao?

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I saw that too and I thought it was bush league. I used to like him until recently. That guy is an a**. Just because Nash made him, he now thinks he is it - what an ingrate and a load of hogwash.

So far his coaching record reads 73-87 - all of this despite this Suns team's grat start (39-11). Go figure!

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yeah, like we don't know who he's talking about. What, does he really think Bryant or McGrady or Garnett or Duncan don't belong on there? Hell no! C'mon, coach, be a man and spell it out: "I don't think Yao Ming deserves to be on there." You never know, maybe Yao can benefit from this kind of bulletin board material.

4. MADE

MADE Member

I hate how people talk about how someone doesn't deserve to be in the all star game....IF they didn't deserve it then they wouldn't be there. The fans voted for the players they want to see (obviously disregarding stats). What a freakin mor0n, he should stop insulting the votes of the fans.

5. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

He's probably talking about Yao and Bryant, pure speculation

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I dont think there is ANY question he is talking about Yao Ming in that quote.

7. fa7999

fa7999 Member

He said starters instead of starter. I guess that he is referring to Hill, Carter, Yao, and to a certain degree, Kobe.

However, if Amare were willing to list himself as a center, I could see that he has a case to whine. Since that's not the case, just STFU!

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Funny that he turned down a spot on the olympics but is disappointed in not being an all-star. Wouldn't you rather be an Olympian?

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares what D'on thinks?

10. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

He's probably talking about Yao / Tmac/ Kobe or Garnett..

People have always been critical of Yao starting in the All Star game..

Kobe has been injured and his team has been losing.

Garnett is doing well but his team is a lottery team as of right now. Didnt people use this arguement for not picking EBrand or SAR (back in the day).

I dont know what kind of beef people could have with Tmac except maybe thinking SNash or RAllen is more worthy?

anyways the fan favorites are voted in.

J

11. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

I would value Nash's opinion more than Mike D's.
    At least Nash knows how to coach. :D

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

:D ... True,True..

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

D'Antoni i dont really care what he thinks I seriously do think he really doesnt coach at all. Had he been a somewhat compentent coach phoenix would not have lost those 5 games where nash was injured or played very few minutes. There was more than enough talent on that team to win some of those games. While amare/nash/marion deserve their spots on the team the starters are who the fans want to see playing and ultimately it is a fan sport. the fans are the ones paying their hard earned money to see teams out there play, let them choose for once a team that they want to see.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

he's either talking about yao or kobe but either way what kind of comment is that? keep your mouth shut idiot.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

D'Antoni has three players in the All Star game, so he should just STFU.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Why didn't the idiot just say Yao wrather than beating around the bush?

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I don't think Amare deserves to be on the team. He was EXPOSED when Nash was out. Brand, Miller, or Webber would have been a better choice.

18. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Exposed or not..these guys mainly look at your numbers and win totals

19. Glish21

Glish21 Member

Why would he say that, seriously what motivation does he have to say something bad about other players. He has three in the allstar game, and a winning team. He should just sit still, not touch anything, and thank God everyday he has Nash on his team

20. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Rashad got a million for being an all - star. That kind of stuff is in a lot of players contracts, not sure about the Olympic team though ......