1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike D already causing possible problems

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dantoni hasn't even coached in the nba finals series. Good coach but just hasn't been to the mountain top.

2. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

Man, we need to get rid of this old garbage and start the rebuilding process again. These players have been together for a few years now and we still haven't gotten the prize yet. Trade Harden and bring in some good pics that can actually shoot the ball, mainly the 3 point shot. Let's not approach this thing from an emotional stand point, but from a business perspective. We are overdue for a championship to this city, and we need to start preparing again for one real soon. Fans are getting fed up with these disappointing seasons and the way they're ending. If this means getting rid of Morey and Harden, so be it. We as a team have become too predictable when it comes to James Harden and what he's doing out there on the court. We need to move away from this guy. MDA was the best thing to happen to Houston when he decided to move on from the organization. James need to do likewise and take his talents somewhere else. We need a serious change here, and what we presently have, it's just not working.

3. raining threes

I can remember a version of this post when Hakeen was being shopped.

jim1961 and treyk3 like this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

And in Dallas with Dirk.

winning with James is going to feel so good.

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who said it was about getting a trophy?

What are you babbling about?

A team or a person can be successful without winning the whole thing, I see you just want to rag on Dantoni and are using a really stupid argument to make a point.

So Charles Barkley, John Stockton and Yao Ming were not successful?

Reeko and Ramo$e like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How can a trade take us down a notch from contenders but extend our window?

How does that make sense?

What the hell has Thybulle done, his team almost got swept in the 1st round.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So do think he has been a successful coach overall?

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

How could it not?

two stars that are 5 years younger. Right now the team’s window is two seasons, after that, Russ' and James' contracts expire. A window is an opportunity not a guarantee.

I think with the right moves the Rockets will be better in 2020/21 than this past season and they will improve while keeping the core of Harden, Russ and Covington. I don’t see any of those guys being moved and I'd be surprised to see PJ moved (only would be moved because of his contract situation). I’m not advocating trading the best player this team has had in two decades, I'm just saying what it should take if Harden wants out and he wants to go to Philadelphia. I want every asset they have and I want them to take on Russell Westbrook's contract.

Thybulle was a rookie and already was the best perimeter defender on his team. Stop.

I post a nuanced idea with four options, you focus on one. None of them are going to happen, it’s purely for discussion. You act like I’m in the front office making decisions. You bring nothing to the table with your dismissive attitude.

#88 treyk3, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You actually think nuanced idea and four options make a difference.

Ha!

Continue on.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

What does this add to a discussion on a forum for discussion? Someone with Nicolas Cage as Superman as their avatar should bring more to the table than this.

Sometimes not responding to every post is a good idea, I should probably take my own advice and not respond to your drivel.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thanks to a certain Robert Horry bodycheck and a CP3 hamstring, unfortunately.

jiggyfly, HP3 and treyk3 like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Your right I should not responded it's just that your post made so little sense.

I should have just shook my head and moved on, ;ile I do with a lot of stuff I see in the garm these days.

MGGA.
    Make
    Garm
    Great
    Again.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Season wise I see him as a successful coach. Playoffs he's a average one.

raining threes likes this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Sucks.

Then at the end of the day winners give you and focus on reasons why they could while losers give you and focus on excuses why they couldn't.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

76ers also have *4* 2nd round picks in this upcoming draft, including 2 premium high ones. I'd try to snag 1 of those

16. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you. The Rockets need to cut some of the dead wood off the end of their roster, perk up and prioritize their player development and try to get a draft pick or two. The Rockets haven't drafted poorly, they just have seldom kept their draft picks.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

Hard pass

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Question why does everyone want no shot simmons.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with this but the other poster was saying he was not a successful coach because he had not won a championship.

Cstyle42 and raining threes like this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Young magic Johnson
    Young lebron