1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike D already causing possible problems

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Not Joel instead of Simmons?

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

No chance. If I were the 76ers I wouldn't trade either of them. Elton Brand, is ripe to take advantage of.

I don't care what they have done so far in their career.

I'm taking the dude who measures favorably to Magic Johnson to be the future.

MDA is going to make him look like an all time great if he gets the job.

edit: HE would be circled in at the point guard but he would be our center, just like Russ technically was in February. He would actually allow us to play small ball properly. RoCo provides the Rim Protection. PJ provides the bulk and Ben provides the size.

no chance Russ is gone. It's all just for fun and discussion.

Should we? maybe but the value isn't there honestly. I have a feeling he's going to have a much better season. I was completely against the trade but I'm even more against dumping him just to dump him. He's still ALL-NBA 3rd team. When he's healthy and the team allows him space to operate, he's a very very good player.

Will we? Honestly, i think no way.

HP3, hakeem94 and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If the right deal comes along trust me Russ is gone with or without James permission.

If we can get back Joel or Ben it’s bye bye Russ.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't have any information that i'm privy to either way but I just cannot see Morey trading Russ unless James wants him gone.

I would trade him for either one without question for what it's worth. They are two young superstars who complement Harden much better.

edit: I don't think Russ or Eric have a perception right now that is equal to their value. Earliest I see either being traded is if they over perform by the deadline while the team is under performing. Morey has a habit of dumping players too early or too late. I believe it's too early for Russ and too late for Eric. Hopefully we get to another cycle for Eric where he outperforms his contract

Rudyc281 and HP3 like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Westbrook, Gordon and House for Embid, Simmons and a late 2nd.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I honestly think that would require Harden.

Der Rabbi likes this.
  7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Embiid would just be on the bench as Covington and Tucker started at center.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I disagree.

MDA peaked with Amare.

I don't think Embiid or Simmons are the main concern of that roster.

I don't even think Horford is a major issue.

I also don't think Harris is a major issue.

It's that all 4 could theoretically play the same position.

It's a major problem with our roster too.

Eric/James/Russ are our top 3 contracts. They are essentially all best as the main scorer on the court at any time. They could all theoretically be pencilled in as 2 Guard.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So pairing another person who can't shoot next to Harden in the backcourt.

Honestly, we should go for Dragic. He's a much better fit than Westbrook or Simmons to run alongside Harden.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This embraces position-less basketball to a level we've never seen. Our theoretical PG would be our big man. Richardson would technically be the SG and Harden the PG.

I'd love Dragic and/or Crowder, both of whom will be FA.

Riley isn't letting them go for the money we have. I just cannot imagine it.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm just afraid in an offensive set, Simmons is going to allow Harden to be doubled a lot again just like with Westbrook. He's a much more cerebral point guard than Westbrook so that will help. He won't make as many boneheaded decisions and he's a far better finisher around the rim.

I mean I wouldn't be totally against having Simmons. I just prefer that they are able to shoot well enough for defenses to respect them.

Rudyc281 and treyk3 like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

True. Although yeah, don't know why I didn't think about it before (because I barely give a s***), but the 76ers is the anti-D'Antoni roster. Completely.

Rudyc281 and Reeko like this.
  13. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Regardless of the coach,, they messed up with the Horford contract. So they're stuck overpaying Horford who doesn't work well with Embiid.

14. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

So replace Russ with another player that prob shoots worse from 3 than him?

lemme know how that goes

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

it won't happen but it would be great. Went the WCF with Dwight and Harden. We would win multiple championships with them as our core going forward. It won't happen so, no need to worry. When you are a playmaking threat and your whole game isn't run to the basket with the ball and hope to create something along the way, giving space isn't as given as you would like to think. Go ahead and keep thinking this. He's a generational talent and because he doesn't shoot the three everyone writes him off.

He just turned 24 and the 76ers collapsed after he got hurt. They couldn't even win a single playoff game without him.

let's say the only way to get Simmons would be to take on Horford's contract.

Eric + Russ for Simmons + Horford lines up perfectly in the machine.

https://tradenba.com/trades/mheF2Ti3E

the machine seems to think we would win that trade pretty handily. I think we'd need to take Shake to balance the roster but

If we run out a team of

Simmons / Shake
    Harden / McClemore
    RoCo / Nwaba
    PJ / House
    Horford / Bruno

USE MLE for one more guy.

And didn't win the championship, I would be absolutely shocked.

I haven't felt the Rockets to be a real contender before a season started in two decades (The Artest year was close). I would feel like clear favorites.

There is no weakness to that team.

You can play small with RoCo at the 4, Simmons to the 5 and use Shake as the PG. You can play big as seen with the starting lineup.

#35 treyk3, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    JoeBarelyCares and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

EG, PJ and House for Embiid

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I see this is the thread where we try to convince ourselves that EG and Russ have better value than they actually do in real life :D

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

They have no value. It's why they wouldn't be traded now. House and Eric for Horford + pick 21 is reasonable though. That's a bad fit and a bad contract. Horford with MDA as coach is one scenario Eric could be traded. Wherever MDA lands is the only place I could see Eric being traded. Just remember this and look back when it does or doesn't happen.

JoeBarelyCares and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yes we need Horford. And, I want to start a rumor that we’re gonna get the Swiss Cheese Clint Capela back.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Horford + Embiid = Westbrook and Ego

Rocket River

Rudyc281 likes this.