1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Brisiel signs with Oakland Raiders

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 16, 2012.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know. It was the loss of all three that seemed to be really upsetting people, at least from my view. Winston was solid but his price tag was high and butler does have some quality starts at LT to refer to.

Brisiel, while a fan favorite because the dude played a half with a broken leg , was good but he was also picked off the scrap pile.

Of course it's an unknown to some extent on how the replacements will be but with Myers being here I don't think people should be pushing the panic button. At least they shouldn't be. The texans still 2/3 of their best lineman returning and more importantly one of the best backs in the league.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

No doubt, the losses arent ideal. I'd much rather prefer going into next season with Brisiel and Winston. However, I dont think we will see much of a drop off. Plus, we still have a draft to reload.

Losing Myers would have been a kick in the nuts...but I can definitely live with signing Myers and losing Winston/Brisiel. Kubs and Smith know what theyre doing with the line...I have no doubts theyll have replacements that will be more than solid in the ZBS.

3. got em COACH

got em COACH Member

4. meh

meh Member

Not a surprise here. I'm curious what's Myers price tag and whether we can match. But if he stays, the Texans would already have their starting 5 on the line. Just means the Texans will be spending a few picks on the area.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Like this move. McFadden needs to run like Arian Foster, follow those lateral moving lineman, make the read, make the cut and go!

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

No doubt Mcfadden will be very good next year, until he gets hurt.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Member

could say the same about schuab.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

Not really, at least he's played full seasons before.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I can't wait for the day when this meme gets replaced with "Andre".

After all, he's played only 63 games the last 5 years, compared to Schaub's 64.

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

Do not like. Please never post again. Thanks. [puts head back into large pile of sand]