1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mid range (It's time)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Mar 27, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Agreed. An informative post, devoid of eye test, arm chair analysis.

3 likes. lol

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

just like all those years when you countered any criticism of Harden with how great he already was and how any suggestion of any improvement was totally out of line... thankfully, James continued to work on his game and improve... and became MVP and the best player in the league...

but yer right... MDA is the greatest coach ever - just as he is! To suggest he should do more in game adjustments is just ludicrous...
    and if this season ends like every other season he's ever coached... oh well, hopefully it will 'still be a season to cherish - even without a championship...'

...smh....

3. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I think the only two people who should mix in mid range shots are our 2 best players, because they're actually good at it.

And occasionally gerald green will hit a few.

Last night was more a result of tucker missing 7/8 threes, most of which I think were pretty wide open, as well as Gordon missing all 5 of his attempts (though he was apparently battling injury). If tucker hits even half of those wide open attempts, our whole offense opens up all the more.

Specifically with this topic, cp3 should be hunting this shot more like he was against san antonio I believe, bc he doesnt finish layups/floaters at this point in his career anymore. He really does have many opportunities every single game coming off of his patented screen/roll game. Sometimes though he just looks to pass to "lightly contested" (thanks 2k19) 3s for others, and doesn't look for the floater that he used to be so apt at with the clips/hornets. Harden should only be hunting for the midrange when it's crunch time and his drives and stepbacks are being stifled (which they usually are in the 4th and into OT). They are highly makeable shots that he has the legs to pull off, and I think will open up his game in those crucial last 3-4 minutes of games, when the refs swallow their whistles.

4. igotwhipscollectingdust

I’d rather see Harden play off-ball and the team implement some type of ball movement/motion offense.

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Shumpert agrees with the sentiment of OP.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

My argument with Harden was that to b**** and complain constantly about someone already so great was ridiculous.

Obviously never claimed Mike to be goat.

And got it. The only thing that will do is better than one of if not the best team ever.

7. Bearded13

Bearded13 Member