1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Cohen to testify publicly on Capitol Hill - 2/27

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Harrisment, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You ain't seen nothing yet. The dam is cracked and about to break.

Collusion, money laundering, tax evasion, bank fraud, illegal campaign funding, and just everyday sleaziness

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Cohen was not going to drop a bombshell today, ya big dummies. He only confirmed what we all suspected -- Trump and his org are dirty as all hell and are being actively investigated on multiple fronts.

This hearing was not meant to start a fire. It was meant to point out all the smoke in the other room. And it did. Big time.

As for Trump getting elected based on him not being a 'politician', it's ironic that this outsider will go down being more crooked than any politician in history.

Amiga, jboslett, ghettocheeze and 4 others like this.
  3. Senator

Senator Member

What about Bill Clinton? Or a thousand other politicians? This has nothing to do with the right or left, it's the nature of politics and people who choose to be bamboozled by the usual suspects.

#263 Senator, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  4. jcf

jcf Member

I get that. I thought that Cummings response and the apparent moment when friendship and civility were more important than political points was the good part. It might have been more politically expedient for Cummings to let Meadows twist, but he stayed above that.

5. Senator

Senator Member

Keep telling yourself that .. trump voters do not care , they will look at short term growth numbers and revote.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Elijah Cummings is a national treasure.

I’ve wished that AOC would slow down and take a step back until she’s had more experience. But I thought she was really good in her questioning. She asked direct questions that gave committee the names of who to look to next.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Damn, another swing and miss.
    [​IMG]

cml750 and Cohete Rojo like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What about not everything being binary paradigms? Trump's career of illegality is unprecidented for a President of the United States.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Just getting off work and trying to read through some of these comments. Somebody give me cliff notes on why this guy was testifying and was he believable?

10. IVFL

IVFL Member

Speaking of reasoning with someone. You have yet to tell me what he could gain from lying today. He would be charged again with lying to Congress, again. <------- new crime that he can be charged and sentenced with. He has already been sentenced, in rare cases that can be amended but usually that is done before the sentencing. They will say this is your sentence if you cooperate with us. They are then given a sentence that generally cannot be changed unless the agreement is broken (think Manafort). I think you are confusing someone being charged with being sentenced. When you are charged there is a lot of negotiating that can happen. When you have been sentenced your charges have been finalized <------ that is the keyword.

All Lawyers are liars, got it. Every single one of them. Not an honest person in the bunch. You are right, you won't be able to reason with me. I don't reason with people that deal in absolutes. I find them unreasonable.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Whataboutism...

o_O

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

“My colleagues aren’t mad that you lied to Congress, they’re mad that you stopped lying.” - Rep. Haskin of Maryland (D)

Burrrrrrrrn

13. dmoneybangbang

That's why I said "independents". Will those same folks who held their nose to Hillary and voted Trump, vote against him? Maybe? Maybe not. But it takes an elite level of unpopularity to be this unpopular during this strong economy, which may have peaked.

Amiga likes this.
  14. IVFL

IVFL Member

I think its rare for that to happen, but this is a pretty big event. I can't say but I am willing to bet that his sentence will stand. He seemed resigned to that from listening to his testimony today. I think his sentence was dependant on his testimony about Trump before today's testimony, so if it was reduced it would be like getting 4 free throws awarded because two refs saw you get fouled on the same play.

JuanValdez likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hustle Town likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

And the GOP tried to impeach Bill Clinton for perjury over consensual sex. They shouldn't expect mercy when they showed none.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wait, what? Without getting into a debate over what Clinton did vs what trump is alleged to have done... it seems trump has been accused of much more than Clinton. And... Clinton was impeached.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It was just your garden variety congressional poo-flinging session. It was as compelling as those typically are. Not very.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Apparent to everyone actually.

20. biff17

biff17 Member

So what about the rest of the voters?

trump voters are not a majority.

JayGoogle likes this.