1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

*Michael Carter Williams Watch*

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Houst0ne, Oct 30, 2013.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

It doesn't matter if he's projected as the best pg, even then nobody expected him to average over 20 pts a game. If people thought he was capable of something like this he'd have gone top 10, maybe even top 5. This guy scored on an abysmal 49% TS in college but is now scoring at 57% in the NBA.

As for Hinkie, he should be jumping for joy right about now. The main reason you tank is to get a star player, well if they can reach the playoffs then they already have a star. OTH, if this just becomes a flash in the pan then they still should have a bad record by the time the season ends. Also, has been nothing but a PR nightmare for the 76ers, most Philly fans were bracing themselves for a season of pain. 3-0 record gets them a lot of hype and excitement, now even if they suck at the end they can have good momentum going into the next season.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn. I thought MCW would be closer to a bust than a starting caliber PG. How wrong I was.

I DVRed the game last night and just now watched it. He has a great first step. Not sold on his jumper off the dribble yet though. I wonder how he'd do if he was guarded like Rondo is.

Still, he's fun to watch. But if Philly wants to tank, they'll need to unload Hawes, Turner and Young. Those two guys contribute too much to winning.

3. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Amazing how Jrue Holiday hurts everyones. He gets traded, everyone breaks out.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Not Jrue, but Doug Collins. He's never been a good coach but he keeps getting hired.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I guess hinke failed to the ender test.

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Very very true. He is the Dave Wannstedt of NBA coaches.

I thought he was going to be a bust too. Am I incorrect in remembering Beverley destroying him with defense during Summer League? But what he is doing now -- jesus, he wasn't even this dominating in college against college competition. Now he is doing it against some top flight NBA teams (i.e., they have played some good teams already).

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Bad luck sixers. Tries to tank. 3-0

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

Poor Hawes, he would be traded for 2nd rounder soon. MCW+Noel+Turner + possibly 1st rounder. Pretty fast rebuild, huh?

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

they also have the new orleans pick too which will likely also be lottery.

10. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

11. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

If he starts the next game and scores 47 pts, he'll tie Jeremy's record for most points in first 4 NBA starts since the ABA/NBA merger.

If he starts the next two games and scores 74 pts combined, he'll tie Jeremy's record for most points in first 5 NBA starts since the ABA/NBA merger.

:cool:

1 person likes this.
  12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

2 guys?

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Turner counts as three guys with that voice of his

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

15. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Seems like it

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lol. My bad. Originally I only put Hawes and Young, but I edited in Turner.

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

If Oladipo plays like last night consistently, it's a tight race. But I guess PG position wins most ROY awards because they have monopol over the ball... Lillard, Rose, Irving and Paul come to mind. That's only in a span of last 7 years though, so I might be cherry picking a bit.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

There's also not that many SF/PF/C that are superstars right out of the gate.

Anthony Davis is a monster this year - if he and Lillard are compared now, Davis would be winning the race. (Soph of the year? lol)

19. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

I think so. Oladipo is getting some spin but he's still behind Afflalo, who's playing his ass off right now

It's funny, a few months back I was all high on Trey Burke as the best rookie 1, how wrong I was

20. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

How many points has he already had in the games he's played in so far?

Will he break Jeremy Lin's Linsanity scoring record?