1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Beasley's Minutes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CertifiedTroll, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Beasley's Minutes

1. 0-15

10 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. 15-20

32 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. 20-25

56 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. 25+

94 vote(s)
    45.9%
  5. In JBB I trust

5 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Keith Jones is a boss.

8 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ok. Let Draymond beat us. Just worry about Klay, and the bench. Curry will get his no matter what. Shutting down Klay and slowing down their bench scoring is a bigger deal than letting Draymond score 20-25 pts every game.

2. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Finally bealsey, kj, goudelock, and jones is in

3. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Of jbb makes a couple simple moves, he can change the dynamic of the game for the rockets and level the playing field a little if they olay the warriors.

1. Play Kj Mcdaniels on Thompson and steph curry, depending on who is in st the time.
    2. Let beasly destro Draymond Green.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So let Draymond beat us, while Curry is beating us, and you know Harden isn't shutting down anyone so he'll be beating us too.

Basically your plan is letting 3 of their players beat us at will.

I hate to tell you, but your plan has flaws.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Beasley basically plays pick up ball . Which is kind of what our second unit does when hey are playing well , but Beasley also lacks the familiarity that smith does . If smith is fully healthy or close to it I'd play him over Beas. Plus if josh is hitting his threes he's better offensively . Better playmaker , better defender .

I'd also argue you gotta keep starting and trying to get Dmo minutes he's looking overall better each game . He hasn't gotten his post touch back and his shooting is streaky , but he's a glue guy like Ariza . He also moved the ball the best at the 4 .

The real question is Beasley vs Brewer . Should be easy , but it's more complicated than it looks . Plus again , you just never know with Corey . Well you know he is going to play completely irrationally , but sometimes that works . I'd give Corey the minutes based solely off the minuscule chance he somehow reverts back to form .

Plus the more you hide him , maybe the cheaper you can get him for next year ? I'm still not totally sure about beas' free agency status .. Anyone care to fill me in ?

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Smith should not be playing over Beasley this is ridiculous.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't understand what JBB is doing. His line-up changes must be adopted to the teams but great teams play the players that have been producing. Guys don't build confidence if they don't know if they can't predict when they will play.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Went from getting meaningful minutes to scrap garbage minutes (Michael Beasley). Way to go JBB, your future as a head coach is very promising. Lol

9. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Beastley should be playing a minimum of 33 minutes up to 38 or 40 minutes a game depending on fouls, etc. He should be the backup PF and SF. Instead of playing small all, we should be playing LARGE ball with Harden at the PG, Ariza at the SG, Beastley at the SF (he's more than capable with his handles), DMo/Smith at the PF and Howard/Capella at Center. And when we are in any hack a situations, Beasley should always be the PF with DMo as the center for those limited mintues.

JB is just a complete MORON. Brewer and Terry should get absolutely ZERO minutes, unless foul trouble or injury. Gouldelock should get no minutes either, he isn't ready and his passes are worse than some of the lazy ones that Harden makes.

KJ should be put in during situations where we need to defend a PG or SG going off, not a small forward. But he isn't ready to take more than a few situational minutes.

Playoff rotation should not include Brewer or Terry, but we all know that JB will play them 20 plus minutes every game as we get blown out by the Warriors....assuming we beat Sac.

10. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Dmo Last 12 games without the one live now

Last 12 games
    VS MIN 26min on Court +9 off -4 Better on the floor
    VS ATL 21min on Court +2 off -14 Better on the floor
    VS OKC 21min on Court -1 off -3Better on the floor
    VS UTHA 18min on Court -4 off +6 Worse on the floor
    VS TOR 15min on Court +7 off +4 Better on the floor
    VS IND 16min on Court -1 off -2 Better on the floor
    VS CLE 10min on Court -2 off +8 Worse on the floor
    VS CHI 12min on Court +23 off -29 Better on the floor
    VS OKC 19min on Court +4 off -2 Better on the floor
    VS MAV did not play on +0 off -2
    VS PHO 12min on Court +8 off -17 Better on the floor
    VS LAL 19min on Court +12 off +8 Better on the floor

189min with DMO TEAM +57
    387min without DMO TEAM -47

Dmo on the floor AVG Per last 12games 17.2 Min and Avg +5.2
    Dmo off the floor AVG Per last 12games 32.25 Min and -3.9

Last Year on the court +2.4 Off +4.5
    This Last 12 games +5.2 Off -3.9

1 person likes this.
  11. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

Beasley's man to man D has been actually decent in the past since his Miami days and even up to now and more improved I would say. But he usually gets labelled as a lazy/bad defender and people always like to use that against him and use it as fact and back those up with some analytic numbers that are against Beas. The thing I keep on repeating and repeating is, he TRIES on D. Effort on that end isn't the problem

If anything, it's his team D that needs work, like those simple rotations and switches. He has the tendency to have brainfarts on that type of stuff. But I don't get it, Houston ain't a defensive class team anyways so why is he being punished for it? At least it's a given that he could provide you buckets.

But yes, WTF is up with his minutes lately? Last time I remember him play meaningful mins was that Bulls game. Beas fan or not, the sudden benching is very shocking. Wow JBB.

12. hakeemthagreat

Correction. DMo's good at taking a charge. Individual defense is WHOLE other story. I've watched plenty games where DMo got abused to a point he became a liability on defense

13. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

IMHO I don't think Beasley and Harden can coexist at the same time on the court, however they look lethal a part .This is wrong,to have them both at the same time on the court.But how long Rockets can be in the game without Harden,thats is the answer for Beasley play time +-3 min.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

BWHAHAHA if you don't move around with that pointless stat and watch the freaking game. Dmo was not the best on the floor in either of those games. +/- stats are so misleading.

15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

pretty sure we saw what our playoff rotation is going to look like.

first three guys off the bench : smith, terry, Brewer

then some spot capela minutes.

get ready for a sweep.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

You can't hide Beasley unless you have a solid rim protector and solid wing defense. Dwight occasionally serves as the former but our perimeter defense is terrible. Beasley is an atrocious defender. He's too small to D the 4 and too slow to D the 3. He's not versatile and his defensive awareness is garbage. You simply cannot play him 25 minutes and expect to win. He is a situational matchup.

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

cool. play him with capela and ariza/KJ. done.

19. PeppermintCandy

A sweep is pretty unrealistic IMO.

The Warriors will win at least one game, maybe even two.

:p

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

true. i may have been a little optimistic that brewer would average 25PPG.. I'll settle for 23ppg.