1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Beasley's Minutes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CertifiedTroll, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Beasley's Minutes

1. 0-15

10 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. 15-20

32 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. 20-25

56 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. 25+

94 vote(s)
    45.9%
  5. In JBB I trust

5 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Keith Jones is a boss.

8 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

JBB is a complete buffoon

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

One game or so left to play Beas the full 48.

Go go go.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

first of all, he doesnt stand still on defense he at least tries. and we're not gonna beat anyone by "shutting them down". so obvoiusly he should be getting 25+.

4. Codeskye

Codeskye Member

Beas will be against his former wolves team and i expect him to go all out

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Beasley would be Rodman with an offensive game.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Two games left... who cares. It's time to look towards next year and to speculate if Thibs will give minutes to Beas.

7. mockster

mockster Member

Bickerstaff is the worst rotation and minute distribution coach I've ever seen. He's like an ADD bipolar idiot

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I like what he brings but he is very one dimensional. Very talented scorer

I don't see why they rest Harden more and let him try to do the scoring though

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I dimension is better than none. At least he does that one dimension really well and it's a needed skill on this team.

10. CertifiedTroll

I don't think I know how many minutes he should get. That is why I made a poll to ask people what they thought, and made a thread so people could share opinions, sling mud, and say semi-sarcastic things about hating the Rockets. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It doesn't take a genius to divide minutes. Someone plays well you give them more minutes if they start to hurt the team you cut back. If they play well with some and bad with others then you play them more with the good group. If you have a few players playing badly you ask the GM to get you a couple pieces if it works out you go with them or you reduce your rotation. If you have veterans who are getting old you increase your rotation. It's not hard but you can't be stupid and flustered either.

12. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Probably told JB after a few games he's the biggest dumb ass he's ever met and probably benched for it. Just like I imagine smith did to not get any playtime half the season

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he works well being the go to scorer off the bench and the easier matchups make it to where he's not scored on as much. The problem is when he starts having to face starters too much or when he's just in all out chucker mode taking shots away from better scorers.

Some nights though, he's just on, and they should roll with it.

As to his defense, it seems like he tries, he's just not very good at it. Some of it is due to not being familiar with this team and the players on it, miscommunication type things. Those things can get better, so maybe he can get better than he's been but really right now he's not a guy you want in the game down the stretch in close games because pretty much anyone could score on him at will.

That said, I think he should be playing 15 or so minutes a game, with the rest going to DMo or maybe Smith if he happens to be playing well or the matchup calls for it.

14. raining threes

Oh, JB has a rotation, it just has Brewer in it.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

I think a rotation of Beasley and TJones/Josh Smith could fare well against Draymond Green. But, might not get a chance to see.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Putting Beasley and Jones on the court sounds like a great way to ensure opposing PF's set personal scoring records.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Beas should be getting at least 20-25 minutes a game. He has earned that for sure.

Bobby dude is by far the 2nd best scorer on this team. Who are you suggesting is a better scorer other than Harden?

Your boy Dmo would be getting more minutes if he would stop playing so soft.

I agree with those that says JBB rotation is horrendous. Good grief, I really wish this dude stop treating this game like it's a high school game.

Beas plays solid defense. And Bobby of course, you can say that for all over our PF'S. Elite Power Forwards- tier one will cause any of our guys problems.

18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I don't understand JBB's sudden benching of Beas at all.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

So now Beasley and McDaniels can't get any minutes? I don't get it.

20. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Can't believe bealsey not even in... and it's garbage min