1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mockster

mockster Member

I get it Beaslys new but only 15 minutes a game of he's playing so well. That's one thing I nod Mchale about if your balling your playing.

Honestly beasly is truley a SF not a PF

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Thornton part 2.

DD

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Thornton played good defense?
    [​IMG]

I must've missed it

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Their job is instant offense and what happened to the "And rebounds" thing?

He got 2 power boards tonight.

DD

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Beasley fits right in with this stupid bunch . Our roster is deeply flawed . We only have 3 or 4 smart guys on the roster . Ariza , James , Dmo and probably terry . It's so sad that we rely on " makin plays " rather than knowing where to be . Our defensive rotations are abyssmal. Beasley fits right in . He can jack up shots . Get hot from time to time . Make hustle plays on defense , and make some flashy stuff on offense . He has great talent . But when he's not hot , he doesn't look very good out there . He can just as easily shoot us out of games as he does play well for us .

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

So much this.....this is the most frustrated I have ever been watching the team, they are so fricken stupid.....I like team oriented ball, I watch GS and the Spurs and feel sad that we don't have a coach or system to help Harden.

Adelman was fine, but once Morey wanted his boyhood hero and lacky McHale I knew we were done being a serious threat until we get a serious coach. One that can stand up to Captain Calculator with basketball knowledge.

DD

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

It's so weird, man. I would expect him to gobble more boards from a guy who has played SF most his entire career. It's like he's playing a position above his natural spot. Wow

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Mchale is better than JB . At least he always emphasized ball movement on offense and would tell the press when he thought the ball was getting sticky . He tried to get these guys to make the simple play and pass . For 3 years it kinda worked ... When we had the playmakers to do so . When we had Lin , parsons , delfino hose guys made a lot of extra passes . Now they also didn't really play defense . Ariza sometimes gets it , but he also falls into ball stopping . Dmo last year provided a lot of that . So does terry . Brewer has a knack for getting himself in spots to finish those nice passes so I give him credit for that .

JB is too willing to settle for threes . We NEED to run more pick and roll with Dwight . And Dwight NEEDS to learn to set a real ****ing screen . If not run it with Capela and Dmo .

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Beasleys defensive metrics are already far and away over Thornton's.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a tweener. If I do not know otherwise I would have thought you knew nothing about him.

I praised his rebounding yesterday but I have to be honest. He is more of a scorer and finisher first and foremost.

And the rebounding comes and goes. We will see.

He will have worse shooting nights too.

15 pts in 15 minutes - like 1 pt in 1 minute is pretty good

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You reactionary dumbfuccs are in here complaining that he's doing what we brought him here to do since the last thing you felt is a loss.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've always felt that Beasley is a crazier version of Josh Smith.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, Captain Calculator, that's pretty great, man. I know what you mean on the Spurs/GSWs... I wish the Rockets had it, but it'll be another "next year will be better" season for the Rockets. Hopefully next year they do get their **** together with a real coach.

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

The stretch where we went small and didn't play Beasley was just weird, give him more minutes!!

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

He played 4 times more than our starting PF, Who had another great game.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

When I say he is another Thornton, that is a compliment, I liked Thornton, but he was in Hardens spot, so would always be limited, Beasley has the same role at a spot that JBB can't figure out, so at least the Beas, will get some run.

DD

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I really like Beasley. If I'm him, I'd be attacking the rim at will and get to the line. The game looks effortless to him.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Beasley is under contract for this season and next season at the minimum. I cannot see why anyone wouldn't be happy with his production thus far. He isn't even all that familiar with the Rockets system and is in the rotation. He has played far better than Motiejunas.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What system??? Lol, obviously that's a joke, but **** JBB can't seen to have a competent rotation... I do agree though, Beasley could be a nice pickup, especially for the value. Hopefully he continues to take minutes away from the other players that aren't producing. I'm also hoping new coach next year can make this work.

20. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets system isn't the best but they do run plays and there are responsibilities for power forward that Beasley isn't familiar with. We will see what happens, but Beasley could play an important part on the Rockets next year.