1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Bay remaking TMNT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cod, Mar 18, 2012.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

BREAKING: Michael Bay's Non-Teenage Alien Ninja-Like Quasi-Turtles Movie Might Not Have Been Very Good

[​IMG]

By Rob Bricken in Movies Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 4:22 pm

As many of you are aware, the script for Michael Bay's original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie appeared to leak earlier this week, like Bumblebee all over John Turturro's face. You know, the one where the Turtles were aliens, and was so bad that Paramount demanded a new script -- which is pretty ****ing telling when Paramount approved a Transformers script which included the line "I am standing under the enemy's scrotum." At first I didn't believe the script was real -- I swear, it seemed to much like a parody of Michael Bay adaptations to be, like you guys would enter during a Michael Bay-ize it contest -- but Michael Bay has confirmed the script was real, just an older one, discarded well before the one where the Turtles were aliens that pissed everyone off earlier this year.

This script was dated January 2012, and the Turtles are definitely aliens in it, so... yeah.

I've waited to report this mostly because I've been trying to think of some blisteringly hilarious take on the material, but I haven't been able to. Maybe it's because I'm burned out, maybe it's because I've never been funny (saved you guys the trouble of pointing that option out) or maybe because it's just so ****ing terrible I can't even joke about. Not that TMNT is serious business, but there's a certain point in which Michael Bay turns from a largely successful idiot who hates all aspects of storytelling that don't involve explosions, the U.S. military, or shots of models' asses, and becomes a semi-sentient void which takes ideas even as ludicrous as teenage mutant ninja turtles and inserts them into the dumbest, tritest, least imaginative "entertainment" possible.

This is that point.

Now, FilmDrunk has several portions of the screenplay, which I recommend you read if you 1) hate yourself or 2) want to feel more justified in hating Michael Bay. But here's the highlight reel:

• The main character is not any of the Turtles, but Casey Jones.

• Casey Jones is not a sporting goods-loving vigilante, but a hockey-loving teen who used to date April O'Neil and works in a furniture store who stumbles upon a secret government installation which are keeping alien turtle-like beings. This sounds familiar at all?

• Shredder is now an evil military commander named Col. Schraeder. I swear I'm not making this up.

• The Non-Turtles are from Dimension X, and there's a prophecy that they're going to stop war there and on Earth.

So it's pretty much a carbon-copy of Transformers, but... worse, somehow. That kind of awfulness is astounding. I'm sorry I can't be funny about this, but I'm just so mesmerized by Bay's terribleness that I can't think of anything to say. Seriously, go to FilmDrunk. You won't be sorry. Unless you're a TMNT fan, in which case yeah, you'll probably be pretty sorry. At least the new script can't possibly be any worse... maybe?

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/08/breaking_michael_bays_non-teenage_alien_ninja-like.php

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I wish Michael Bay would just disappear from the face of the Earth. It doesn't matter how. How the dude still has a job is mind bottling. Are kids that stupid these days that they'd go out and pay monees to support his dumb projects?

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

michael bay is the biggest troll in hollywood.

4. Kate81

Kate81 Member

My heart hurts.

5. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Sad to think Michael Bay may still make this movie....

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Don't worry guys, maybe, just maybe if we're lucky, Bay will accidentally blow himself up on the set during a shooting. Then we can all celebrate.

7. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

I just threw up in my mouth reading that. What is he brain dead?

8. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Col. Shraeder? lmao really?

9. Precision340

Precision340 Member

i'd rather watch re-runs of the original cartoon

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Effing idiot! What part of MUTANT TURTLES is so hard to grasp for this guy?

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Shameless money grab, I hope this movie somehow falls through.

12. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

This says it all.

13. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Im glad they aren't using that damn script. I hope and pray they can redeem this travesty.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Or Michael Bay dies before this movie ever gets made.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

so no ooze?

16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

My ex fawking loves TMNT. I should download the script, send it to her and tell her it's been green lit.

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This movie has abortion written all over it.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I will see this movie strictly to laugh at it

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Wouldnt he make a better krang?

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

anyone ever see fight the foot, it was supposed to be some webisode like mortal kombat legacy.. never heard anything else fro it though, i thinks its a couple years old now.. but showed what a TMNT remake could be if done right..

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ldC6krN7PNM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>