1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Bay remaking TMNT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cod, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I bet at least half of the people who b!tch about this movie being produced by Bay will still go see it within the first couple weeks.

If you don't want him to make any more bastardized movies, just don't go see them. Quit being sheep of marketing.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I grew up with TMNT but unlike Transformers or Robotech, the love of the franchise stayed back in the past.

Bay is going to do what Bay is going to do, he doesn't care and he'll keep throwing projects out there because he makes boats load of cash for the studio....

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

All of Michael Bay's movies deserves to only be viewed through pirated means, with the exception of The Island. That one was pretty decent.

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

your right if he *ucks this up he's getting blacklisted.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Anyone else feel like some classics shouldn't be reproduced?
    I like it when i remember a childhood show for it to be the same in my head.
    Not saying don't remake but we live in an era of movies where new personality is supposed to be brought in and it just tampers with originality.
    Transformers *cough cough* for instance as mentioned, I will never look at it the same way and will never take it seriously again.
    Let Bay takeover DBZ, their will be lots of explosions there for him.

6. icrnk

icrnk Member

1 person likes this.
  7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

You won't take seriously a franchise that originated from a toy-line?

I can agree somewhat though...films like Karate Kid, Total Recall, even Robocop...they shouldn't be remade because the tone and message of those films get lost in translation.

Transformers though...I'd love to see different takes on that franchise. Which made me sigh hearing Bay was returning.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles........doesn't have the same ring to it.

Teenage ET Ninja Turtles...

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL! Awesome! So perfect!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a0WaHZJom0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Because 28 year-olds need to grow the holy heck up and stop ruining the film industry with their nostalgia and fan-boy escapism. Directors, writers and producers are already compromising enough as it is; I don't think anyone went to top-tier film, business or law schools to hawk comic books and kids' toys.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I don't mind films being remade or rebooted, just don't fundamentally change what they are. Batman, Spiderman, and Superman all have a set history. You can't just pick up the franchise and say "Yeah, I'm going to completely ignore that and do something different." TMNT isn't on the same level as those franchises, but that doesn't mean you can change what they are. Can you even call it Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles anymore?

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If you think the film industry is working at full capacity with nothing but comic book movies, then you might have a problem with the level of originality and creativity of directors, writers and producers.

There's nothing wrong with adults appreciating nostalgia. After all, the things we love at a younger age only become "nostalgia" because it's made not available at some point. The love does not go away, only the product.

The point I was trying to make in my previous post was that successful franchises at a younger age demographic should mature as that specific demographic matures.

Instead of forever targeting kids with TMNT, why not target the generation that made TMNT successful in the first place? Of course, the content would evolve accordingly.

13. Cannonball

The title has apparently been simplified to just "Ninja Turtles". :rolleyes:

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I'm proud I have never seen any of Bay's Transformers movies. I saw the original cartoon movie at Gulfgate Mall's theater and cried when Optimus Prime went out so freaking hard in the end.

It would be awesome if a loud helicopter crashed into Michael Bay and killed him. It would then come full circle and life could go on.

15. HombreDeHierro

Michael Bay should write a book..

Hollywood: How to Minimize Thought Required and Maximize Profits

16. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Can't wait to see what he does with 'A Goofy Movie'!

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There will also be a video game, and I have seen the early stages of combat, and it looks AMAZING !!

The guys that are doing it are doing some kick butt stuff.

DD

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3X7rq9DdeWs#t=0m20s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Cannonball

20. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Nothing about the movie but nickelodeon or Michael bay should hire this guy. If the cgi or real life movie was anything like this with a darker story. It'll definitely be a hit

His portfolio

http://daverapoza.blogspot.com/

[​IMG]

He's also working on power rangers

[​IMG]