1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami is now 1st in the east with the longest win streak in NBA and Cleveland is last

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Al Capone, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Why is this even a thread? Miami was supposed to be the 1 seed. In a confrence thats weak. The only real competition they have is Boston, and Orlando. Im not impressed about it, they're doing what they're supposed to do.

2. Steve_Francis_rules

You're right. They haven't done anything impressive at all. Any team can win 21 of 22 games. Any team can come within two games of tying the longest road winning streak in league history. Any team can go into LA and dismantle the defending champs in a nationally televised game on Christmas (ok, that one may be true).

I agree that this didn't need a thread of its own because there is already a Miami season thread and a thread about how the Cavs have fared without James. But don't act like the team hasn't been impressive the last month or so.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll answer this once more, this time with a question: Are you new around here and missed the pre-season and early season comments by some posters? It's crow-eating time.

If the Heat were still struggling, probably a dozen "I told you so" threads would be in this forum with LeBron and Heat haters taking credit knowing they would fail to mesh because of "egos" and not being able to share one ball.

4. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

WOOOOOOO ****ING HOOOOOOOO for Lebron!! Let's celebrate, the best player in the NBA joined the 3rd best and another top 10 player and they were goods... while playing in a real team like most champions have done he couldn't get it done and blamed the role players. Some facts nut hugger... Jordan won with a decent defender with some offense in Pippen and a good role playing support cast who just like Cleveland were not great outside of that team and Kobe had Shaq.. who just happened to be on the team he was drafted to and not one he ran to and now has Gasol who was a good player but not considered in the same way Wade and Bosh were before joining forces with Lebron. Miami just got on top thanks to the C's missing Garnett... a team of Jordan, Magic and lets say Barkley would of been lucky to drop a game. If the Lakers got a big 3 too from them joining forces of say Kobe, Paul and Gasol... Miami don't touch them.

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

The Heat figured it out and are now playing up to their potential after a rocky start. I'm actually surprised by how well they have meshed.

Basically, I think many people just hoped they would suck simply because Lebron is a douche. "Predictions" were made with hopeful hearts more than rational brains. I don't blame people and completely understand. I wanted them to fail too.

However, I have less understanding for the nut-huggers who have no affiliation/connection to Miami, who seem to be so thrilled the Heat are having success that they would start a thread to celebrate it. To me that's like watching the discovery channel and rooting for the lion (no pun) to catch the adolescent gazelle. It would just never happen. Rooting for Goliath as a complete third-party observer is just something that never appealed to me, but to each their own.

6. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Advertising income - Expenses + Lebron's talent fee + Agency commission + network's take = PROFITS?

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It's quotes like this, especially the bolded part, that keeps threads like this around. Yes they are some LeBron nut huggers, but there are probably more posters posting utter garbage like "playing on a real team like most champions". Most champion teams had starS (plural), not one star and a bunch of role players. Kobe/Gasol/Odom/Artest. KG/Allen/Pierce. Duncan/Manu/Parker. Shaq/Wade. Shaq/Kobe. Duncan/Robinson. MJ/Pippen/Rodman. Hakeem/Drexler. MJ/Pippen/Grant (just as good as Bosh). Zeke/Dumars/Rodman. Magic/Kareem/Worthy. Bird/Parish/McHale.

The talent that LeBron had with Cleveland is quite inferior to what you see on most championship rosters. Now he has around the same amount of talent that you see on most championship rosters, because I would take over half of the above trios over what I see in Miami now, and that's not even including the other 9 dudes on the roster.

But thanks for proving the OP correct. The only reason this thread is up is because posters severly overstated the surrounding talent on the Cavs roster. Don't knock LeBron for choosing to have help like oh....the majority of dudes to win titles in the past 30 years.

2 people like this.
  8. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Well said. Couldn't agree with you more.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

What part of "donated all profits to charity" didn't you understand? Have you ever heard of a celebrity who donated all profits from an event to charity then charged his own talent fee? :rolleyes:

10. Steve_Francis_rules

Lebron never blamed his role players. I've never heard him throw those teammates under the bus. Even with the way he left the team this summer, which everyone was quick to call classless, he never said anything bad about former teammates.

Yeah, and Magic won titles with a "decent scorer with some shot-blocking" in Kareem. :rolleyes:

Guess what moron, Pippen was arguably the best perimeter defender in the history of the league and finished third in the league in MVP voting during the one full season he played for the Bulls without MJ.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Don't get me wrong - LeBron can lose for all I care - but Kobe didn't win his rings alone.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

WTF are you talking about? This whole thread was about how LBJ's team sucked so bad without him that they won only 1 game in a month. What do you mean like most of the champions? The rest of the champions didn't have teams that bad.

LOL you don't even know what facts are.

"A decent defender with some offense" isn't a fact genius, its an opinion.

A real fact for you: MJ-less Bulls won fifty five games the year they retired, and had three all stars in the lineup (Pippen, Horace Grant, Armstrong).

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Have you ever thought some people just like LBJ's game? As fans of LBJ isn't it obvious they would like Miami to win?

And what exactly is a nut-hugger to you anyway? To me nuthuggers are those who worship a certain player beyond all reason, there's nothing unreasonable about saying LBJ is the best player in the league (because he is), LBJ is a better shooter than Kobe (because he is) and LBJ has had a terrible supporting cast in cleveland. I fail to see why telling the truth makes you a nut-hugger :confused: If anything the nut-huggers are people like goodbug or rocke4ever who would say anything no matter ho ridiculous just so Kobe remains the goat.

14. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Repped. Al Capone blows.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

hi, Miami and Dwayne Wade have a Championship.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

When did LeBron James blame his teammates? He never ever blamed his teammates. People who debate and defend Lebron blamed his teammates.

Maybe I missed it but please link me to where LeBron was quoted to throwing his teammates under the bus.

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

TL;DR the whole thread yet, but this sums up a lot of the sentiment around here.

Right after Lebron had the press conference, people admitted they didn't watch many, if any, Cavs games. But they swore up and down the Cavs MUST have had a great supporting cast because one player could not make that much of a difference. There's just. No. Way.

Most of the same people swore up and down the Heat would be a failure. Lebron is overrated, that Miami big 3 isn't as big as everyone thinks.

The Cavs have a surprisingly decent start. The Heat struggle, and further bolster their claims. It's over, the Heat are doomed for the next few years. I mean 12 games is enough to make that call, right?

And now look where we are.

I will add - we don't need a thread for every random quote from Lebron just so people can swim in the haterade, and we don't need these kind of threads either.

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

since the Rockets aren't going anywhere, i'm rooting for Miami to win it all. I like Wade and as for Lebron, i find the hate towards him is unmerited. i don't think of him as an arrogant SOB. sure, the "decision" was a bit prima donna-ish. but i dont' hate him for going somewhere he has a 100% chance better of winning it all. and if you think he's just riding Wade's coattails, your basketball IQ is about as low as his jersey number. he is every bit a part of their success this season as Wade.

19. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I haven't really been following the East. Is this Lebron guy pretty good? Do you think he can help Wade win another championship? :cool:

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It is a little unreasonable for anybody that has watched both players play to say that Lebron is a better shooter than Kobe