1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meyers Leonard back to Portland (Four years, $41M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 10, 2016.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Meyers Leonard has agreed to a 4-year, $41M deal to stay with Portland, league sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVertical">@TheVertical</a>.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/752216113484746752">July 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've always liked his game. 7-footer who can shoot from the outside. Great to see him make some money.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

justin bieber w/ a basketball

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Overpaid scrubs. Speights messed up badly

4. Play07

Play07 Member

People on CF hate him for some reason idk

he was good to me on his rookie contract, always thought Mchale & him would be a good fit, see if he improves his D & rebounding, he's young

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I remember Portland tried to make him a traditional back to the basket Center and it failed miserably. He looks a lot more comfortable launching from the outside. He killed the Rockets. But who didn't last season?

in before Liberon 'white privilege' signing post.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I expected Meyers Leonard to have a "contract year" type of season but he didn't. You could argue he regressed.

Fair contract.

7. BackdoorHarden

That's cheap. I figured he would get 4 years for $75 m considering all the stiffs are getting $50 millions.

DMO for $30 million for 3 years?

8. BackdoorHarden

They hate him because he's white. That's how it is in the NBA. reverse racist

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Wasn't he injured near the tail end of the season?

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yes, but that's no excuse for being a complete yo yo during the season. At one point it was so bad he got benched for Noah Vonleh (who probably doesn't even belong in the NBA). Later on in the run up to his injury, Leonard looked really good.

He can be a decent rotation player if he makes up his mind, dedicates himself a little bit and plays with some focus.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Congrats to Handsome Hodor!

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I think history will prove Portland got a sweetheart of a deal.

13. raining threes

If I was Morey I would've found a way to sign this guy. His best BB is ahead of him. Very reasonable contract.

14. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

He got injured within the first 10 games of the season, Vonleh was only starting for experience, it's not like Leonard got bumped out by Vonleh.

15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

What's with all of these scrubs getting
    paid like this? This ruins the NBA.

16. lalala902102001

IMO Lenoard is worth more than Crabbe but apparently teams don't think so.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Leaonard is one in the growing # of NBA bigs that are "Sam Perkins'ing" it. His measurables would indicate an interior paint-patroller center, but his actual use is outside shooting and spacing on offense, with steady enough D and rebounding (above Andrea Bargnani level)

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Leaonard is one in the growing # of NBA bigs that are "Sam Perkins / Please Dont Be Andrea Bargnani'ing" it. His measurables would indicate an interior paint-patroller center, but his actual use is outside shooting and spacing on offense, with steady enough D and rebounding