1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Metta World Peace being amnestied?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Vet minimum and if he accepts 15 minutes (or less...make him no promises) then why not? We need someone who can beat up Durant and Lebron in the playoffs.

2. baller4life315

He looks too old and slow to still do that. At least in my estimation.

I'd pass on this one if I were the Rockets. If I'm pursuing ring-hungry vets, I want ones of the Grant Hill kind of mindset. Players that are humble, sane and happy to be a part of something special. MWP has the potential to be a huge distraction.

3. DieHard Rocket

This. The only way I'd accept him on this roster is if the rest of the league passes on him as a key contributor and his expectations get lowered, because I'm sure he still thinks he can play full time minutes and be effective.

I think Les probably had his fill of Ron Ron so I doubt it will happen, though.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I agree. He can also be our bully if teams try to injure Howard with hard fouls.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

A committed Parson's is our best chance versus Durant. I do think Artest might still be able to keep up with Lebron. I mean if Diaw could.... agree on pursuing Grant Hill-type guys.

6. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

For the vet minimum, why not. Ron played hard here and is still capable of decent defense.

7. dream1222

dream1222 Member

8. okierock

okierock Member

Every team needs a crazy guy, but only one....

We just traded Royce, it looks like the crazy spot has opened up.

9. Smacktle

Smacktle Member

All those people dissing Artest...remember he reads Clutchfans...just sayin.

10. Northside Storm

bro, he's gonna kill you for bringing up his old name

11. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I'm glad it's just a joke and Harden doesn't actually become:

[​IMG]

:(

12. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sweet a guy as he is, <a href="https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace">@MettaWorldPeace</a> will be waived via amnesty by Lakers to save about $30 million, barring some late change.</p>&mdash; KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinDing/statuses/354377245772615681">July 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Ron Ron looks like a crazy guy, in fact, he is a clever guy .
    He is now too slow to defend Lebron or Durant, but he can still do something to help team.
    He is a warrior to hard play ball

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Id take him and use him as a 4. He like Howard too.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Rockets should sign him but also tell him that there is no guaranteed any minutes. He may play 5 mins or 10mins or 2mins....bottom line don't get mad if the coach don't play you at all and just stick with the program because there are other players that may fit in better than you.

I do see him fit perfectly at the 4th position playing as a stretch 4. He still have the ability to nail those wide open 3s which is very important.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'd love to see him back. I love his intensity. I do not like his comments about the city of Houston but it's forgiven because he wanted Dwight back on his presumed team.

17. coffeelover665

Can he be signed for the vet minimum?

18. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Yes he can if he wants to.
    I think it would be smart to sign him, and he would be smart to sign with us to get revenge on the Lakers.
    He can play the 4 and that would solve our problems.
    PG Lin
    SG Harden
    SF Parsons
    PF Metta
    C DH
    This is the starting 5.
    The team would be deep with Garcia back, Asik off the Bench, and Bev. We would have to let go of some people to make this happen. Personally I would keep Smith and Tjones,for the 4 and 5 backups. I would look to trade and package Dmo/and picks and try and get a veteran SG.

19. theDude

theDude Member

Don't teams bid on amnesty players with the highest bidder picking up the player at their bidding price and the former team paying the remainder? It seems that in order for a team to sign MWP to the vet minimum, every team in the league would have to decline to put in a bid. Or is that not the way it works?

20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

That would be sweet to get Ron back, I could break out his jersey I have.