1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Metta World Peace being amnestied?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 7, 2013.

1. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Member

If he can fit him on the roster I'm for it for pure entertainment considerations. He can be our Kendrick Perkins "enforcer" as well.

3. Classic

Classic Member

If it was 2010, i'm all for it however, I just don't see how he gets time on this squad this year with the players we already have signed [the last few days]. It's nostalgic but that's about it at this point.

4. verysimplejason

He's still good for at least 15-20 mins of hard defense. Get him if he's cheap enough and he's willing to be a role player. It'll be fun.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Always hated Won Won, hope this doesn't happen

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Vet min signing

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

if we can get him dirt cheap, why not. don't know if theres bad blood between him and harden though.

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

I don't think Harden wants him on this team.

9. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

depends on the cost and if he can play 4. I think he's alittle small for the 4's that are bigger and stronger. but he can give us some small ball at the 4 or handle the 3.

10. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

We don't need peace on earth
    Just peace in a rockets uniform again

11. hbomb

hbomb Member

I love Ron.

or MWP if you insist :p

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Run. Run far away.

13. Illegal Machine

Nothing in basketball is more exciting than RonRon dribbling the ball up court on a fast break. Anything can and will happen.

14. jevjnd

jevjnd Member

I was thankful for the time during which he played here, but this guy has nothing left in the tank. On top of that, I don't want to bring any toxicity from the Fakers. Why bring that kind of garbage into the organization? We got our guy and there are other vets out there who will likely be amnestied. Let's give our young guys a shot, too. Finally, Garcia really proved his worth last year for us in the playoffs. He was incredible. Let's be patient and make a better pick up. Ron Artest is gone, I just see his shell who calls itself Metta World Peace or something like that. No thanks. Really no thanks.

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Only if he changed his name back to Ron Artest.

or maybe Tru Warior.

16. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

If the Lakers amnestied Ron Artest, I would totally support offering him the vet. minimum of $1.3mil(I think) per year on a one year deal with team options for the 2nd and 3rd years(A standard Morey contract for players he wants to add but isn't sure he wants to keep long-term, again another brilliant Morey strategy). Artest can still play some D on the 3-spot. His 3 pt. shot % last year was actually pretty decent and if he knows his place and accepts his role as a defender off the bench and rotation player to come in and provide toughness, rebounding, defense and some outside shooting, I could see great value in picking him up for this year's Rockets.

The Lakers would be paying probably $6-7 million of his contract through the amnesty clause, so it wouldn't take much of a bid by the Rockets to secure his rights after amnesty. I think it is worth it to get a solid player who is looking for championships and clearly sees that the Lakers are gonna crap for the next couple years(hopefully longer :grin:)

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'd take Ron. If you rolled out a small line-up he'd fit we'll at the four.

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Unless him and D12 are tight, no way. We already have Parsons, Garcia and Casspi.

19. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

Yeah I don't see a spot for Ron's crazy a$$.

Add in the fact that he elbowed the s**t out of Harden's head and said a few weeks ago that Dwight wasn't leaving the Lakers because he was going to do something to this balls like he was a bull or something... I don't know. I don't want that guy in the locker room even if his wing defense would be nice.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Seriously?