1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Metta World Peace being amnestied?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 7, 2013.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Member

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He was actually pretty solid from beyond the arc this year. If he's still a + defender, this would be a move I'd be interested in, but he is getting up there in years and I didn't watch the Lakers much this past season.

4. lidderer

lidderer Member

well we do have a little bit of extra room.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

No. Lets roll with our young guys. I don't think he can defend as well when he was with us in 2009.

6. source24

source24 Member

Would be nice to have him. Dwight actually liked Metta a lot when they were Lakers. But I doubt he is amnestied.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I will pass. We dont need his ego, and poor shot selection.

Unless he willingly accepts the vet min and says he is happy to play very limited minutes.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

LOL. Cool story, bro.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Lakers vs Houston conference finals.
    Pre order your popcorn!!</p>&mdash; Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) <a href="https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/statuses/353990874671235073">July 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Why is Gasol "safe"?

He shouldn't be part of their rebuild.

I'd trade him for picks and amnesty MWP ASAP, if not vice versa.

Let Kobe sit the entire year and tank for a high pick.

10. AFS

AFS Member

I don't see what he'd actually bring to the team. He isn't good enough to get rotation minutes ahead of Garcia. He also isn't the type of guy who would be a good locker room veteran presence either. I think I'd pass.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

Artest is a guy I would LOVE to pick up for our taxpayer exemption when we get into the luxury tax territory next offseason. I believe he signed a five year deal with the Lakers in 2009 meaning he'll come off their books next year. If I were him I would be dying to come back here, even maybe for the vet min.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

I like Metta a lot and he still has some game. Sadly, I don't see a spot for him in Houston this year.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think he can help a team out in the right situation. But this team is too young and I'm not sure McHale is an experienced enough coach or strong enough personality to handle Artest. Pass.

I can see him in New Jersey.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Pretty sure he will be amnestied. The Lakers are just about a MWP contract away above the luxury tax threshold, so amnestying him has all kind of financial benefits at pretty much no cost to their long-term future (they are not competing for a title in 2013-14 anyway).

Would not mind having him in the Delfino combo-forward role. Still a smart defender (if not a fast one) and an acceptable shooter from range. I wonder whether he's burned too many bridges back in the days, though.

15. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I like Artest. I'd take him back on the Rockets if the opportunity presents itself.

16. conquistador#11

Against certain divas, he could play the 4. infact, he can give a couple of elbows to lebron in the finals.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I don't think he's actually a good 3 point shooter but maybe I have higher standers? 34% last year? 29% the year before?

I also hope to never have a player with that stupid name on our team.

18. treeman

treeman Member

Er, no. Crazy Pills is a shadow of his former self. I have no desire seeing him going after fans in the bleachers, that will take away the limelight from Howard's antics. Which I'd much rather see.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

I love Ron.

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I can sit him starting for the Rockets at PF simply because he can shoot the 3. But he's going to hinder the youth development of Jones and Dmo.